whole foods menus - tues 8-29

• B - 2 pieces of organic, sprouted 20 grain bread, natural peanut butter

S - horizons non fat plain yogurt, package of raspberries

L - salad bar (it's always changing, but hope to get: spinach, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, turkey, cranberries, sesame seeds, chicken, edamame, onions, chickpeas)

S - tall non fat latte

S - tangelo

S - cut up veggies - baby carrots, sugar snap peas, orange pepper strips, grape tomatoes

D - green curry with lite coconut milk - morning star farms fake steak strips, red peppers, lime juice, onion, garlic, ginger, broccoli, shitake mushrooms, baby corn, water chestnuts, bok choy over brown rice
  • The plan:

1) scrambled egg with spinach, peppers, onions; banana
    2) apple slices and natural peanut butter
    3) deli turkey, light string cheese swiss, mustard
    4) Almonds, cashews, dried cranberries and raisins
    5) 6 Triscuits and RF swiss
    6) RF cottage cheese and peaches
  • Wow! What a great day, Glory87...minus the animal products you eat like I do

Here's my plan for tomorrow (organic and vegan):

Fresh vegetable juice (20 oz. of beets, carrots, celery, cucumber, lemon and ginger)

2 slices sprouted whole grains bread, 1/2 a package of Tofurky, 3 peices romaine, 1 medium tomato, 1 T. Vegenaise and 1 T. German mustard

16 oz. smoothie of mango, strawberries, cherries, ground flax, orange juice and unsweetened soy milk

1 cup steamed broccoli, 1 cup steamed baby bok choy, 1 cup brown rice and 2 T. unhulled sesame seeds with 2 T. homemade ginger-lime dressing

1 cup black beans and quinoa with 1/2 cup fresh tomato salsa and 1/3 an avocado

3/4 a gallon of water
  • I didn't eat meat for years (still ate dairy, though). Finally added it back because I was struggling to meet protein goals. Still not my favorite!
  • B-homemade ww pumpkin muffin
    L-salad-spinach, tomato,carrot,pepper, onion, avocado,feta, olives
    S-orange, almonds
    D-homemade minestrone soup, 6 triscuits
    S-strawberries and yogurt, tea and dark chocolate
  • b--omega flax cereal, 1/2 banana, skim milk
    l--couscous, mixed baby vegetables, 2 grilled chicken tenders all mixed up w/ lemon juice.
    s--pear
    d--salad probably--something light.
  • B--hard boiled egg, 1/2 cup each of strawberries, raspberries and blackberries
    S--yogurt
    L--salad of spinach & romaine, 1/2 c chicken, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, blue cheese with raspberry walnut vinegrette
    D--chicken, brown rice and steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and butternut squash--we'll see how the kids like this new addition!)
  • B'fast:
    2 eggs "fried" in PAM
    whole wheat toast w/natural PB
    coffee

Snack:
    1/2 lf cottage cheese with raspberries

Lunch:
    salad - going to grocery store salad bar, but also have a home grown tomato and an avocado (def not home grown! ) to add to it. Too rushed and dealing with a DH with a cold to get other stuff ready at home (Why do men think that they are the only ones who get sick? And that it is the center of your universe to take care of them? GRRR)

Snack:
    Nectarine

Dinner:
    Salmon, green beans, couscous or potato
  • Hello everyone!

Breakfast
    LOADED oatmeal consisting of:
    1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    1 tbsp dried wild blueberries
    1 tbsp craisins
    1 tbsp wheat germ
    1 tbsp brown sugar
    1 small handful pecan pieces
    **This was the heartiest breakfast I've ever had! So good and satisfying!**

Snack
    1 minneola orange
    1 cup peach kefir

Lunch
    salad consisting of:
    3 cups romaine
    1/2 cup cucumbers
    1 plum tomato
    2 tablespoons Ken's lite balsalmic vinegar dressing

Snack
    1 apple

Dinner
    Boston Market meal consisting of:
    turkey
    gravy
    stuffing
    double sides of steamed veggies (broccoli, carrots, zucchini & squash)
    cranberry walnut relish

Dessert
    dark chocolate
    Earl Grey tea with honey
    chocolate soymilk