1lb. Down And Plenty More To Go!

You're on Page 21 of 38
Go to
  • LOOKINGFORHOPE...Thank you for the compliment, and feel free to just jump in and start chatting with us! All of the ladies are so nice here.

JELYNN...Thank you for your kind words. It helps me to talk things out sometimes. Your meal sounds so good! Have fun tomorrow on your 10th anniversary!

ERIN...Great job with getting back into exercise! I really need to start back again too. Only two more pounds to ticker is great!

ROBBIN...Thanks so much for the welcome back! It feels really good to be back again, because the support and just talking with people really does help me out. I'm sure your weight will be down in the 2teens very soon!
  • Hey ladies, just popping in before I have to drive my DD to school. So far I'm feeling really positive today. I'm going to go to my water aerobics class and give it all I got! I had a light bulb moment all of a sudden this morning. The longer I stay off track the longer it'll take to get some nice results on the scale. I can't keep watching it creep up. Good news, it was down 1/2lb. this morning and that was without exercise yesterday. I better scoot, be back for personals later!
  • The scale was soooo nice to me this morning! 215.8!! Might not stick around, but at least I know my body is trying, lol. Seriously, this is a number that I haven't seen for 5-6 years. So YAY!
  • Go Emily Go Emily, YAY for your scales today!!!!

Lookingforhope - This group is so full of inspiration and support, I am sure you will feel right at home here.
  • Afternoon ladies! Well today is turning out to be pretty good, I mean compared to the past few days I'm a dang angel! LOL! I worked out hard during aerobics and kept all impulses at bay. Went to McDonalds as my weekly "mom" outting and had a chicken fajita and fruit n' yogurt parfait. The only thing I could go be better at right now is water intake. I forgot my bottle at home this morning, so I trying to catch up two fold.

Stacy, I'm sure that little sample isn't going to destroy your totals for the day. I wouldn't worry about it. It's funny how we watch things so closely that one insy weensy slip up and we think...ahhhHHHHh that's it, that's show up on the scale tomorrow. Great work keeping up the gym outings. Thanks for the pep, seems like you speaking right out of my head...LOL!

Cheryl, congrats on the loss! You go girl! Mind if I ride your coat tails get a little of that glory road taste?! Wow, your daughter-in-law was so lucky. Five hours start to finish? Amazing!

Michelle, logging food and making sure you get enough water is so important. As hard as it seems right now to keep up with that, it helps keep you motivated and stay on project a little more easier than second guessing yourself. I have to ask who the people in your signature picture?

Lookingforhope, glad you found some inspiration in our little group. Why not pull up a chair, would love to get to know you better!

Emily,
    wooo HOo! Ticker weight! Good for you! Keep it going girl! Your dinner sounds amazing, and Happy Anniversary by the way!

Erin, good girl! Great going on that elliptical...you know something I think I'm going to go down on mine and watch Rachel Ray instead of sitting to watch it. Thanks for inspiring me! I totally agree with you by the way about putting our troubles in ONE set of hands.

Robbin, I totally think your next weeks goal is totally obtainable. You've done so well that two pounds in a week is nothing! I laugh as I say that because we all know 2lbs. the other way is disasterous! LOL

Well, I best be going. If I want to fit in some exercise and do a little ironing before going out to dinner then I better get my rear in gear! Hope you have or are having a great day!

TTFN!
    ~Tina
  • TINA...I know I need to get back to logging my food again and drinking more water, and I will, I promise! The picture in my signature is my younger DD, my mom, and my grandma (my mom's mom) who is 92 years old. You did so great today!!!

Today was another sad day, because one of our very close friends who has helped us out so many times, lost her husband to a long horrible battle with cancer. I took a memorial folder to the assisted living home that my mom lived at and it was very hard seeing the dining room table right there where she always sat, and whenever we stopped by to see her, she was always smiling and waving to us. Everywhere I go in our town, it reminds me of her, because since she couldn't walk very well anymore, her freedom was her electric scooter and she went all over town with it.
  • Emily...A very happy Anniversary to you and your Hubby. Hope you have a wonderful night out. Your dinner you had with your friend sounds sooooo yummy!

Michelle...I have been very bad the last couple of weeks of not writting down what I eat and it makes a big difference. I've been pretty good the last couple of days, and the scales are moving down.

Robbin...Good job on maintaining...sending the fairy fat mother your way.

Erin...Great job getting your workout in. I totally believe in prayer and ask for help to stay strong and not be tempted. To think, and ask myself how bad do I want to be fit and healthy. It's a challenge for all of us.

Tina...How was the workout with Rachel Ray? Nothing like burning calories while watching her cook.

Had a really good day today and I made good food choices and wrote it down and got some exercise in as well. This morning I got two sides of binding sewed on the baby quilt. It kept my hands busy and my mouth closed for a couple hours. This weekend we hope to get some yard work done if the weather holds off. I wanted to get the yard mowed one last time, but our big mower has a cracked block, so that won't be happen. Always next spring.

Cheryl
  • CHERYL...Great job with staying on plan! You're doing so good and really starting to lose those pounds forever! Do you write everything you eat down in a notebook like Tina, and keep track of just calories and fat grams, or more? I know I need to get back on track too, just haven't decided if I want to write everything down or start a new account with Fitday.
  • Morning ladies!!!

Feeling pretty good so far today, scale was 238.8 this morning so i feel like i am really on the road again. Close enough to ticker weight that i don't plan on moving it, except hopefully down real soon! I have to go to my cardiologist today and i can't wait to see what i weigh there and what kind of loss and if she even notices!! SHe has a strange bedside manner, so ya never know how she'll react to things.

Today is going to be real busy, doctor's appointment at 7:40, 5 patients then shopping for the halloween party at our church with another lady! Kids are going to grandma's so I may even sneek in a little alone time somewhere before i fall asleep tonight! Already got my exercise done so can be lazy tonight guilt free!

Robbin - keep on plan and i know you will be 2teens in no time!!! And, flyby's are better than nothing!

Michelle
    - Thanks for the support! Oh my heart continues to break for you! It will get easier and those memories will bring more comfort than pain as the time goes on.

Emily - congrats!!! it feels so good to hit those numbers you haven't seen in years!

Tina - so glad to see your pep and motivation coming back! So did you walk your way through Rachel Ray??

Cheryl - thanks for the encouragement! Faith can accomplish a lot of things when you let it! Have there been pictures of the baby quilt i missed? Weather has kept me out of flower beds that really need some attention. Seems like every time i get motivated to do it, it rains!

Well girlies gotta run, hope ya'll have a fantastic day! Rainy day so should be interesting getting all this done! So glad to be back and feeling your support and encouragement!
  • Good morning ladies, I am not running quite so late today so I can fit in a few personals. The scales are holding out at 222 and do not want to give in. I have been staying on plan and not had any cheating since Tuesday and have gotten in a couple of good work outs on the trampoline so maybe once TOM has left they will drop for me. This weekend is gonna be a very busy one, got a Halloween Party to take the little ones to tonight, have a family support raffle to work from 9-5 tomorrow along with our last football game of the season. Sunday I hope to get the painting in my bathroom finished but also need to go see my parents. I wish there were a few more hours in the day to get everything done.

Tina – did you get the ironing done? Seems like you do a lot of that. In my house if it has to be ironed it might wait forever before it gets done.

Michelle – I wish there was something we could do to make things easier for you but I know that your heart has to mend in its own time. Just remember that you will never forget but it will get easier as time goes on.

Cheryl – Don’t you hate it when the mower has something go wrong right before that last mowing. Ours did that last year and I had to live with tall grass all winter, it drove me crazy.

Erin – I am so glad your scales are heading in the right direction. It makes it easier to get yourself back into the groove. I hear you with the being busy, but look on the bright side of that, with all of the running around you will be getting some extra exercise and not have so much time to think about eating. It always helps me.

Well girls I had better get clocked into work. Check back later.
  • Happy Friday
    Good morning ladies! Well today is looking up. The scale budged another pound. Getting closer to ticker everday (so far). Yesterday hubby had someone cover for him at the restaurant so he could take us out for dinner because yesterday was Alyssa's real birthday. Well, instead of going to Earls like I had wanted (to try that yummy salad Emily had mentioned) he wanted to go to the Keg. I stayed away from the bread appetizer, the prime rib steaks, seafood (usually dipped in butter) and potatoes. Instead I had grilled teriyaki chicken with pineapple salsa and a roasted tomato. Although I did have a couple of bites of Alyssa free birthday dessert, the scales were still able to be nice.

Michelle, you can do this. You have the desire, you just need sort through your feelings of shock and mourning. Like Erin said, soon your memories will start to become more comforting than painful. Hang in there girl. And keep posting, it's amazing how much motivation you'll gain from this group!

Cheryl, that's exactly what I was thinking. I'm burning calories and you're making them! LOL! Funny how the smallest little idea will motivate you to keep going! Just so you don't feel too bad about having long grass...I didn't get mine done either but it isn't so bad actually. I think it stopped growing not long after the last mow. Glad you had a good day yesterday!

"Weigh" to go Erin! That oughta motivate you with getting back to ticker (close enough!). Wow, you sound so busy today. Keep up that running and burning. Glad you'll be getting some "you" time too. All mommies need a little of that! Thanks, I'm glad too that I'm starting to feel more motivated.

Robbin, the ironing didn't get completely done so I have to finish that up today sometime. I hate it!! LOL! You're going to have another busy weekend I hear. Thank goodness the only Halloween party Alyssa has is the one from school. I'm making Monster Toes (cocktail weiners, one end wrapped with tortilla and the other end wedged out to fill up with ketchup to look like a toe nail) and Simple Pimples (cherry tomato, cored and filled with soft cream cheese). She's so excited.

I better get going. I'm babysitting my neighbors daughter today. Get back on duty!

Have a great day everyone!
    TTFN!
    ~Tina
  • friday
    Good morning ladies, wow, i have a lot of catching up to do. Had my weigh in this morning, down 2 pounds. So i am happy about that. Wasnt so sure it was going to happen this week, i only worked out 3 times this week and next week is looking even worse for working out. I have to have a couple of simple cysts removed from my shoulder and bicep area...bummer. That kills about 1/3 of my gym workout. I cant do ANY upper body or doc says i will bust a stitch. So i guess i will double up on legs and cardio...not looking forward to that.

Tina- Good job getting close to that ticker. I LOVE doing the elliptical to a 30 minute show. i am a rachel fan too. i love anything on food network....definately a foodie at heart.

Robbin- I bet that scale will give you BIG results any day now.

Elem- Rainy day here too...very ugly out...lets make some hot tea.

Cheryl- Looks like you are making nice steady progress.

Jelynn- Good job on the 215.8...very cool.

Well gotta make a quick run to the store in the rain...yuck. Hope we can all stay strong through the weekend.
  • ERIN...Thank you for your kind words. I know there will be brighter days ahead, just takes time. This week will be hard, because tomorrow we have to go move everything out of my mom's room, and then Thursday is her memorial service and my 12 year old niece is getting up to sing one of the songs with the organist and vocalist. GREAT job with the scales moving in your direction!!!

ROBBIN...Thank you also for your kind words. The sunny days do help the mood so much more! I hope the scales cooperate with you when TOM is over with! You're also doing GREAT!!!

TINA...I agree that I do get a lot of inspiration and motivation from this group! All of you are WONDERFUL!!! From seeing the new picture I posted in my signature of me at my heaviest, I can definitely see a difference in losing 30 pounds. My big chin is getting smaller. My DH and DD were amazed when I showed then and they said I have doon so good, so it really makes me want to keep going!

STACY...GREAT job on losing 2 more pounds, GONE FOREVER!!!
  • Hey ladies just a quick stop for this Monday morning. I will be back later to do personals.

I did really well on eating and exercising for most of the weekend. Sunday morning the scales read 220 I was so excited. But then for lunch yesterday I was at my mom's and she had made BBQ so I ate too much and had some chips to go with it and today the scales read 222 again. DANG DANG DANG!!! I am gonna chug the water and get right back on track and hopefully they will drop back to 220 soon.

Well better get to work. Have a nice day.
  • Happy Monday chickies! We all must be a little preoccupied with Halloween. I have a little prep to do tonight, but not too much. Been a good girl this weekend. The scales is still coming down from the disastrous week I had before. But still a few pounds away. I did my grocery shopping this morning for all my planned meals this week. Feeling in control again!

Stacy, congrats on the two pounds! That's great news! Keep it going girl! You know cardio is an excellent workout, it'll keep you in shape. Just think of it of changing up your routine and keeping your body guessing while your shoulder heals, which by the way I hope is speedy!

Michelle, wow what a difference! You should be so proud of yourself. You add your own special flavor to this mix. Don't forget that! I'm glad you feel motivated looking at that picture comparison, you should! It's an awesome accomplishment!

Robbin, you know after one day of being back on track you're scales will be on track too! Wow! 220! I just know you'll be in the teens this week! You're rockin'!

Have a great day girls!
    TTFN!
    ~Tina