I guess I'd better say hello!

• I just joined 3fc a couple of days ago, and have been "lurking". So, I guess It's about time I piped up to introduce myself.

I came here looking for a group of folks going through the challenges of wt. loss, and I am impressed so far. I had a gastric bypass 3 1/2 years ago, with a starting weight of 377# I got down to 200#, but wouldn't you know it, old habits and inactivity set in and I regained 47#. Now, I'm losing the weight the good old fashioned way---hard work through diet and exercise.

Glad to meet you and I hope to make friends in this journey.

~Alex
  • Hi Alex!

Welcome to the board. You'll find lots of support here!

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! Keep up the good work!
  • Welcome! Taking control of your weight is an important step. One thing I have learned is that is important to stop weight gains as soon as possible and do something about them. Recognizing that is a big step.
  • Hello from Canada
    Goodmorning,

I just joined today..I am a caregiver to my husband who is terminally ill with bowel cancer..Since being off work,I am not getting much exercise and I find I am eating more,thus gaining weight..I am hoping to shed the pounds I have put on..
  • Welcome, Alex & Ally! Glad to have you here. I think you'll like it .
  • And Ally, so sorry to hear about your husband. I can only imagine how tough that must be .
  • Alex and Ally. I hope you find what you need here. I certainly have.
  • to the forum all newbies! This is wonderful place to be for support!
  • to both of you!

Ally, I'm so sorry about your husband. Please be sure to take care of yourself during this stressful time.
  • A hearty welcome!

Ally I wish you both the best. You'll hopefully find these forums are a great place of support
  • Welcome, Alex and Ally! The folks at this site are so supportive, you're going to love it!!