Glad to find you...

• Hello. My name is Becky and I am 29. I am so glad to find this forum. I have been on the weight loss journey since last fall when my father passed away. His death was a real wake-up call, especially when I saw a picture taken of me at the services and realized I was every bit as heavy as he was at my age. He died from complications due to diabetes, and being overweight (over 500lbs at his death) was largely to blame.

I have done ok so far on my own, but lately I have begun to feel discouraged and a little...well...afraid...of the process. So I am hoping to find a soft place to land with my fears and maybe even offer my support to others as I learn and grow.

I hope to get to know all of you over time. Thanks for being here.
  • Dvine, I'm glad you're here. When I started losing momentum, I found 3FC a great place to be. I hope you do too.
  • Hi Becky. Welcome. I only came back to 3fc after a couple of years away and I'm so glad I did. This is a nice, soft place to fall. Way better than the fridge. LOL!!
  • Welcome Becky! These forums are great I hope to see you around!
    And good for you for taking steps towards living a healthier life and reaching out for support.
  • Congratulations on your success so far! You're doing awesome. It is pretty daunting sometimes when you feel like you're going it alone, so I'm glad you found this place. The support here is tremendous. I'm so busy with school right now (last semester of grad school! Woo!) that I'm not here much, but sometimes just knowing that if I have a bad day I can come here for support makes it easier to get through the day.
  • welcome and I am sure you will find what you need here, I certainly have. It has kept me on track when there are days that are really tough.
  • Thanks everybody!
  • to the forum! This is a great place for support!
  • Dvine -

So sorry to hear about your dad. Glad you decided to come here to get help getting healthy. Welcome!