feel stuck

• sorry i just wanted to talk about this....im in such a rut, i do well for a little while then as soon as i binge all **** breaks loose and i just cant stop eating, its as though its all or nothing...like if i break a good diet by eating something **** i go 'hey ive already ruined it why not make the most of it' as well as the 'the diet starts tomorrow' lol i am so sick of it but it seems like i love bingeing too much ...i need to get better i just wish i could wake up and not think about food sorry guys
  • I do the same thing. I will do great all week...then the weekend comes and it is just terrible. I shoot myself in the foot. I end up having to repair the damage from the weekend until about wednesday. So i only make progress for about two days. Then the cycle starts again. I am getting better at it, but geeze. I know all about "the diet starts back on monday".
    Food is a terrible addiction. I used to be a smoker and quitting smoking was NOTHING compared to giving up foods. At least with smoking i dont have to be around it, i dont have to smoke 3 times a day. I dont have to say no to the cigarrettes that i want and smoke only the ones that are good for me while watching other smoke the ones i really like, etc. Well, i could go on and on. Just know you can do it. I have conquered food before and i will do it again.
  • thanks get n healthy....its seriously a tiring merry go round
  • Someone's tagline reads: Losing weight is not an all or nothing game. Every bite is another chance to get it right.

Instead of thinking "I've already screwed it up, I might as well...", make this tagline your new motto. Some of my best NSVs are when I make a better choice in the midst of a bad one.
  • I definitely know how you guys feel. My husband and sister joke all the time because every weekend I am like well I am just going to eat what I want and start again on Monday. I would love to have lost a pound for every time I have said that...ha. I do so good for a week to 2 weeks at best and then I lose it and gain all the weight that I just lost back. Then I get depressed and gain even more. You would think I would remember how good it feels to be small and that would keep me from doing it but nope that doesn't help at all.
  • I tried everything: buying nice clothes smaller sizes, planning to lose weight before some important event, getting pictures of models, and leaving notes to myself in the kitchen. However, I would go into some kind of trance without thinking, a blackout with chewing sounds and saulty/sweet taste in mouth, until pain in my stomach would wake me up.
    Now I practice awareness in my body and thoughts that doesn't work every time but I try. Sometimes I think: well, I could have been doing drugs, alcohol, or gambling, or someting else. At least I can stop my hand before my open mouth and insert a thought - my body is not chemically addicted to food, it's my brain that tells me to eat to fill the emptiness in my life and reduce anxiety.
    I do understand all the tricks of ED...