Go to
  • Good Morning,

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I'll be back later

• hey gang
    dealing with stuff at work - my life is nuts
    but i'm thinking of y'all.
    hugs,
    cathy
  • Well I have now walked my son to school and back 3 times. My body is starting to get used to it and my feet were not nearly as sore as they were on Friday today, so that is nice. I hope everyone is doing well. I am doing better this week so far. Cathy and Leenie you work far too hard. I hope that it eases up for you soon.

Trish
  • Hey girls,

Can't play much, is here. Trish glad your tootsies are getting used to the walk Cathy I see you !!!

Gotta scoot... bbl
  • hello ladies
    Well its a new week and I am still feeling alittle down in the dumps.But I have been eating alot better.I have cut out breads and pastas.I am going to have pasta for dinner sometime this week but that will be the only time.Its very hard adjusting your eating habits and what you have always found comfort in doesn't give you the comfort anymore.
    I hope all is well with you and TTYL.

*hugs*
    lynnie
  • Good morning and happy hump day

Lynnie I know how you feel, when food's been your comfort your entire life its so hard to turn away from it.... But *sigh* we must keep trying

DD had a good birthday yesterday, we took her out to dinner and she wanted burger king...... ICK, I said NO WAY, so instead we had chinese food... is that any better?? probably not but BK makes me sick, gag.

How is everyone today... week's almost done chickies hang in there.

• Hi ladies! It has been madness at my house the past few days. The Great Dane puppy is a nigtmare!!! We have had him for three weeks and everything the people told me about him is a lie. He is not potty trained and let me tell ya it's not fun picking up a pound if doggie poo everyday. Plus he is sick, he has been vomiting and loosing weight since we got him. I tried to contact the people we got him from but they have moved (imagine that!). So I decieded the best thing for him was to contact a Great Dane rescue to take him so they could help him with his health issue and find someone who is able to give him the attention he needs. I feel bad that it didn't work out but I think this is the right thing to do.

Anyway, Leenie-wow you must be busy at work! Hope things aren't too crazy .

Lynnie- good job on cutting out on the pasta and breads, I have a weekness for that stuff your doing better than me.

Trish- way to go with the walk!! I wish it would cool down here some so I can start walking again. It is so hot outside that it takes your breath away.

Cathy- hope everything is going well at work now. Nice to know I'm not the only one with a crazy life right now.
  • hi everyone

Lynnie hang in there! we're here for ya

Cathy & Leenie hope you two are getting SOME time for yourselves!!

I went in to work yesterday.. will go Friday too, then 4 days next week. School officially starts on Tues., Sept. 5th... I can't believe the summer is almost over!! WHERE did it go???
  • Where did the day go... ?

LOVE YOU TTYL
  • Quote: Hi ladies! It has been madness at my house the past few days. The Great Dane puppy is a nigtmare!!! We have had him for three weeks and everything the people told me about him is a lie. He is not potty trained and let me tell ya it's not fun picking up a pound if doggie poo everyday. Plus he is sick, he has been vomiting and loosing weight since we got him. I tried to contact the people we got him from but they have moved (imagine that!). So I decieded the best thing for him was to contact a Great Dane rescue to take him so they could help him with his health issue and find someone who is able to give him the attention he needs. I feel bad that it didn't work out but I think this is the right thing to do.
    Did you know that the #1 reason people abandon their pets is due to potty troubles?

If the dog is sick, that may be why he is going inside. Perhaps a change of food and monitoring of his eating habits can solve the problem. Or maybe it's just because he's a puppy! Puppies can learn potty training FAST, but their bladders/bowels can't hold it all day. It takes a while until a dog is "old enough" to hold it. Potty training a dog is like potty training a child - it really isn't that hard; just takes some patience, and know that sometimes he WILL have accidents.

Have you taken the dog to a vet? Dogs & cats are much like humans - they get upset stomachs, have bad days, and sometimes freak out due to change.

However, I realize pet parenting isn't for everyone. If your solution is to get rid of the dog because he's been sick & potty troubles, perhaps it's better that you've decided not to be a pet parent. It really is a huge responsibility, and dogs cannot take care of themselves.

I hope I don't sound too harsh; I'm not fussing at you... really! - it's just that I am a huge animal advocate, and I have seen one too many pets put down or shuffled from home to home, because no one was willing to deal with their problems; problems that are usually quite fixable; just takes time, patience, willingness to learn, & love.
  • Hi Everybody!

Just wishing everybody well and hoping their Day has went well!
  • hey gang
    maybe it's just not gonna slow down here for awhile and maybe I should quit pretending that it will but I wanted to pop in and say HI

Judomom - am I reading this right??? have you now lost 15 lbs??? dang that was fast! I am so glad for you!!!! but ok now...I want to know exactly what you are doing??? details girlie - I need details

Leenie - I can relate to your busy days

Hey Sassy - thanks for the wish! how r u doing?

Hey Beach Patrol - I love your Miss Piggy quote. cute :-)

Hey 2bpretty - how did it go today? any better?

Hey Lynnie - congrats on cutting out the bread & pasta! that's a huge accomplishment! YOU GO GIRL!

Hey Trish - are you enjoying your walks to school? sounds like they are getting easier! that's great!

where's Tip & Cin & the rest of the gang?

hugs,
    Cathy
  • Quote: Judomom - am I reading this right??? have you now lost 15 lbs??? dang that was fast! I am so glad for you!!!! but ok now...I want to know exactly what you are doing??? details girlie - I need details
    11 since i restarted.. keeping in mind i was holding fluid ... It's been 16 days now, and I haven't budged in 4... I knew this would happen.. it was too fast *lol

yes, I was holding LOTS of water... AND, I had packed on about 6 pounds since end of June, so I think it's coming off fast as a result.

What am I doing?

1. Recommitted to Weight Watchers.
    2. Recording EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth in my journal before it goes into my mouth.
    3. Working on 8 hours of sleep a night.
    4. Drinking water, lots of water (6-8 glasses a day).

I got back to the gym this week for the second time since this restart, so I haven't been there enough to say that's doing anything at this time.

I dunno... I'm sure things are going to really slow down now, but hey... I'm on my way!!
  • Morning Ladies.

I'm doing alright, just very tired.............. I haven't been sleeping good lately and then one day I will play "catch up" and sleep and sleep........

We are going to go check out our local YMCA. Co-workers have told us that ours here in town is one of the largest in the area and very nice. I was a member of the Local Y where I lived back in Indiana and I would go everyday after work religiously because I wanted to get my money's worth! lol. Hey whatever motivates, right???????? lol.

Well I hope you all have a Great Friday & Weekend!
  • Hello ladies! We have rain YEAHHHH!!
    It has been wonderful. I hope all is well and I know you ladies that work are glad it's FRIDAY!!! Friday is my volunteer day in my DD'd kindergarten class. Today is their Teddy Bear Tea Party AWWW. And then tonight my older DD is having a sleep over after they go to a Cheetah Girls party. LOL I swear my 11yr old is getting more of a social life than I have.

As for the great dane puppy, I found the PERFECT home!! I know that I initially didn't explain how I got him to begin with but he was being given away in front of a grocery store and I could tell he wasn't being taken care of right. Being a huge animal lover I thought I will take the chance and see if I could help him. And I know that saying he was a nightmare sounded bad but I was being sarcastic. Just the same as if you are complaining about your kids. The potty problems were not the only issue with finding the right home for the dog. That was my way of venting from having a rough day with him. This IS a support forum (although it's suppost to be for weightloss we all use it to vent and get other help from time to time). I am sorry if anyone thought that I was being irresposible but I thought the right thing to do was take him out of a bad situation and it turns out that the Great Dane Rescue found him a home already. Where he will be with someone who knows about the breed and his needs. I AM NOT A BAD PERSON! I am a firm believer of adopting from shelters and taking care of your pets!!