Points for a BBQ Pork Steak?

• I'm stumped! Making BBQ porksteaks for dinner, and I have no idea how to figure the points. I've trimmed them of all visible fat, and we always trim more in our plates, but how do I figure this out?

Thanks for any help!

Kelly
  • It depends on the cut you use. CalorieKing as well as www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl can help you get nutritional information.

For me a pork steak is a shoulder cut and it is very fatty to you it may be something else.

Then of course count anything you BBQ on to it...or are you using (just teasing voice used here) use BBQ for the term GRILLING. LOL
  • Thanks, Kelly, I've bookmarked the site you gave so I can find it again next time! I know I'll get the hang of all this soon, but it sure is frustrating trying to learn all the point values! LOL!
  • According to my weight watchers book, a pork steak (the fatty kind) is 2.5 points per ounce. So weigh your steak first then multiply times 2.5. I figure alot of my meats and even baked potatos this way. Lean pork would be 1.5 points per ounce. Lean steak (i.e. sirloin, round, london broil) is 1.25 pts per ounce while a regular steak (i.e. ribeye-my favorite unfortunately) is 2.25 per ounce. You can figure "per ounce" points with your weight watchers books.