Weekly Chat - August 14th - 20th

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Hi everyone,

Wow, long day, short night? Last night the girls and I went with my mom, we were suppose to see an illusionist, but they had oversold the tickets. So no seats. We ended up at my mom's place and had a nice visit and I was able to raid her closets and get some decent clothes for our trip. Didn't get home until after 1am. Had a chiropractor appt. this am. Then found out B's passport has a hold up. When was I suppose to find out? Why didn't they contact us? Stupid gov't. I only found out that we neeeded to send some more info because I went into our member of parliments office today to find out where it is. Hubby is going to fax the info in the AM. So hopefully things work out.
    I had to give in and go back on my paxil. (my last dose was July18) I was feeling as if I was full of static electicity and felt as if I was on the verg of panic attacks. It was a good experiment though to see if I truly needed the pills, and I do. I sure feel better after a nap tonight. Decided that tomorrow I'm just going to stay home and get things finished up here. Then do the town thing on Thurs.
    Whoops, sorry for the running on, just have to get it out of my head.

Leenie, hope you feel better tomorrow. Never underestimate the power of a cup of tea and a heating pad

Cathy, don't melt! I can't imajine heat that high. And here I am concerned about frost.

Lynnie24, good luck with ww. I sure hope you feel better soon

Sassy_chick, are you back on you night shift? I sure found it nice driving home last night at 1 am, but I sure hate how people can "jump" out at ya. We had someone cross the road infront of us with a bike and all we could see were the reflectors, B and C figured we were under an alien attack!!

Judomom, have a good trip. I'll have to go and check out the "lite site" I picked up an apollo light last year and found it helpful.

N2F2BP, hows the puppy? We had a dane when I was in high school, she was to much dog for us. Poor thing never did get properly trained. Thats one reason that as an adult we got a "small" dog. We were told that he was shitzu crossed with russell terrier. Well he hits right behind the knees and is up to 45 pounds! I love the look on the vet's faces when they see him for the first time after reading his discription.

Anyway I should go before I ramble off another page.

Take care all,
    K
  • Hey guys,
    I seem to be so sleepy at the moment! Can't keep my eyes open! More coffee!
    Lynnie - you've been so strong just sharing with everyone here. Hold steady and talk to us - you're already doing so well. There is no denying it's hard hard hard, but baby steps and feel the love from your man and friends.
  • Hey all.

I feel down in the dumps. I watched this show on Discovery Channel called "I lost it". Usually the show gives me inspiration, watching how people have lost the weight. But this morning I guess it hit too close to home for me.

This one guy was close to my weight and basically his life is mine. Ever see that on tv or read about it and it just really hits home for you? That was this morning. It just depressed me and made me feel more of a failure.

I know I shouldn't be "Feeling Sorry for myself" because what good does that do? But I just cannot help it.

Anyways. Sorry to be a downer........
  • Good morning

Liz, glad your having a blast

Judo, the desk one looks cool, I might get one for my work but I'm afraid to let folks know .... ya know. So I'm thinking of using it while I put on my make up in the morning. How long do they recommend you sit by it?

Sassy, glad your training is over. And yes, its CRAZY during the day driving, at least around here it is. Between 10 am - 2 am the older folks come out and lordy is it hazardous. I feel sorry for them b/c they need to go shopping and doctors appt...but gosh some of them are such bad drivers its scary. Not to mention all the road rage here. Enjoy the night shift ..........Listen to me girl, your not a failure. Persistance not perfection wins the race, we have to keep trying. Here's my cyber hand... grab it !! now stand up, brush your knees off and say... lets try again You deserve to be happy ya know yes... you do !!!

Smurf... good to see you... groggy and all

Buddly, sorry you didn't get to see the illusionist but glad you got clothes That stinks about the passport problems, I hope you get it straightened out asap. Sorry you are having a rough time w/out your Paxil, but golly, I'm glad there is something you can take to feel better

Well boss man is out today and I need to do some shopping so its an early lunch for me Nothing else is happening around these parts

How are you ?

• Leenie,

Thanks. You said exactly what I needed to hear right now.........Its like you were reading my mind.....................

Yes driving during the day or at rush hour is very hazordious! I don't miss it one bit! lol.......I guess everybody is meant to work a certain shift and I am just meant to be a nightshifter. lmao.

Anyways, thanks a bunch.

• Hello ladies
    Well I have ben doing better in the eating range.I have had 3 salads in the last 3 days.They were good even put chciken in one of them.So you can say I am eating alittle better.But as for being down in the dumps I am way there.Dh is trying to help me get in a better mood but I guess getting scared and worried is taking its toll on me big time.

*hugs*
    lynnie24
  • Hi Chicks!
    Just checking in!

I started on WW about 5 weeks ago..and I've FINALLY lost my 1st 5 + lbs! I wasn't sure if I'd like the points system (I was on WW back in the 70's when it was like the exchange diet); but counting points is easy! I like being able to adapt to dining out w/o worrying.

Lynnie: It's so good to see you back here! WW is a great program..I know you'll do well on it. I'm sorry that you're feeling anxious and scared..I've been there too! Just remember that there are a lot of people who care about you..in the real world and the cyber world!

Liz: Have a wonderful holiday..you deserve it!

Cathy: It's hot here too...but NO HURRICANES! keeping my fingers crossed and praying!

JudoMom: Good to see you too! It's nice to have so many other WW members here!

Tippy: I love my Dell ..glad to hear that you'll be getting a new computer. And no more 'male enhancement ads'

Sassy: For you!

Buddly: Government agencies! Praying things will work out for you and that you'll have a wonderful trip

Smurf: Treat yourself to a nap or a cup of coffee

Leenie: Driving up north is SCARY! Not much traffic here in the boonies . Stay safe!

Have a great day y'all!
  • Hi Ladies

is here today so I can't play. Hope everyone is doing well.

Joanne, on the WL !! WHOOOT ~ Its so good to see you, how is your foot? and how is the new home? Do you have a dell laptop? reason I'm asking is b/c of the battery recall.

Lynnie you sweet thing, good for your for eating salads... you know there are SOOO many ways to make different salads its amazing. I love them but the dressing can't be fat free, ick. I'd rather have a little of the real stuff than fat free *gag* stuff.

Well gotta run ........... zoom !

Luv yah's
  • Well, today is the day that the Dell is supposed to show up. I'll sadly say bye to this one. We got it in 1999....how do I know....that's when I joined 3fatchicks! I was so new to computers....didn't know diddly.

Yesterday, I put the first coat of sealer on the door I've been stripping for far too long. That door is 1/4-inch slimmer, I kid you not. I scraped an eighth of an inch of paint off of each side! I hope that I never have to do that again! But, it will look so pretty when it's painted.

Girls, I have a hangover! Last night we had pizza for a late supper and R decided to have a beer or two. He fixed me a Black Russian but helped me with it. Oy vey! I feel tired and my tummy is icky. No more of that and back to the iced tea!
  • I am not doing so will lately. My mental health is suffering in a way. I was doing ok plugging along until my in-laws came and actually took some pictures of me. I realized that the 25 lbs that I have lost is just a drop in the bucket. I am still FAT! I have been working so hard to get in shape and eat right and I just can't see an end to it. Up till now I have been able to fool myself into thinking that I might actually look good and feel good one of these days.

On top of this it is my DS's first day of kindergarten today. He is growing up way too fast. My DD is walking around looking for her brother. She seems so lost. I did make this into an exersise opportunity though. I walked him to school (he rode his bike) (it is aobut 2 miles away). My mom picked me up (she is down in the area to take my sister and nephew to school, she will start taking my son also when it gets too cold to walk). I will then go back and pick him up and walk back home. It should give me about a 6 miles to walk everyday. This will be good, because water aerobics just ended and so did lap swimming. This gives me another way to exersise without making it feel like exersise.

Also the other day I am driving down the road and my battery suddenly decides to short out. (Still had a ton of charge in it, so it was a sudden thing) and while it did that it decided to take my alternator with it. This is a fairly new car so that is very frustrating. Also have to buy a $200 part which I can not really afford right now. Luckily I only have to buy the part and not pay the mechanic hours, since my dad is a mechanic. But still.....ARGHHHH

Well that is my glorious life right now and I am just not doing so well. Anyway talk to you later and thank you for reading my rant.

Trish
  • Quote:
    Judo, the desk one looks cool, I might get one for my work but I'm afraid to let folks know .... ya know. So I'm thinking of using it while I put on my make up in the morning. How long do they recommend you sit by it?
    I believe it's a recommended 1/2 hour. I have mine beside my computer at home. I used to keep it in the kitchen... would put my make up on in front of it and then read... but life got too hectic back then with the kids. It's suggested NOT to use it before bedtime because it can interfere with sleep for some... it's never bothered me... I think I could sleep standing up.. anywhere, anytime!!!

Cathy Thanks for the kind words. I dunno what I'm doing this time but the weight is just melting off. Our youngest turned 18 in May (legal age here), graduated high school in June and moved out 3rd weekend in July. We tried to talk her into staying home longer so she could save, but she is a really independent young lady... and kinda head strong too... it's been quiet.. I miss her, but it's kinda nice to have just the two of us again after 23 1/2 years of kids.

buddly thanks.. it was a fun weekend. I go away lots for short jaunts.. often work related, but also for my hobby.

homebound thanks *s.. I joined WW back in 1973 (while in high school)... didn't last long... rejoined in 1976 when I was in University and had control over what was in apt and what was cooked. I lost about 20 pounds, then quit *silly me... I rejoined AGAIN in 1978, met goal, got my LT membership felt fab. Well fastforward to 2004 and I had regained the 44.5 pounds I worked so hard to lose AND another 20 for good measure. Now with just hub and I home, and he's watching his weight too... we are being very good. I don't know where I found the "rev" this time, but I'm on for the ride!!

Trish hey!! 25 pounds is awesome! Have you pictured 25 pounds of shortening or butter in a stack? THAT is what you have lost!!! Woohoo!!!! I see by your chart that you are aiming for 132 loss in total. 25 pounds is almost 20% of that! That is fantabulous!!!!

Sounds like you have a really good plan for walking. That speeds up loss, believe me! You just hang in there... come here... read, ask for support,.. we're here *hug

Ok... errand time, then gym and then a massage *ahhhhhh (I save up for this once a month treat and it is SOOOOOO worth it).

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • Good morning all,

Boy, I sure didn't want it to be morning as soon as it was. Today will include a lot of chicken without head action I'm sure. At least the sun is out and it is beautiful out. I think my poor little cherry tomato plant on the porch got hit with some frost as its leaves are a funky colour. (we were 0*C yesterday morning) B is complaining about there being only two weeks till school starts.

Trish, you've been doing great. 25 pounds is a spectacular acheivement. Walking is wonderful exercise. Before we moved I use to walk the kids to school and did really well, then we moved north, out to the boonies and the kids take the bus. Now I have to force myself to walk around the block after they get on the bus.

Tippy, enjoy your new computer. I'm sure you'll love your door once it gets rehung.

Joanne congrats on the weight loss, it always feels good to see it gone. (I found 5 pounds of water weight this am, so I'm not a happy camper)

Leenie, don't work to hard.

Cathy, hows it going, has it cooled down yet?

Judomom, Wow your daughter sure is independant. Our oldest turns 19 in Oct, she graduated last year and has no idea what she is up to. She wants to stay at home and save up tho, she knows a good thing when she sees it. All be it her youngest sister wants her out so that she can have her own room!! Enjoy your massage.

lynnie, glad you are feeling a little better. I buy salads with the best of intentions and then forget they are in the fridge. One day I'll smarten up.

Sassy_chick, hope you feel better today.

I better go and get some cleaning done, plus I have to do some last minute things to A's costume and then run to town. Can I go back to bed???

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day,
    K
  • WOW I feel like I have been gone forever! I can't catch up will all the posts. I have been sick in bed for most of the week, but better today. I did lurk a little yesterday when I felt better.

I have my friends 1yr old daughter today. She is so much fun! Boy I am wore out though between chasing a toddler around and dealing with the new puppy. He is doing fine by the way! He is HUGE!!! I would say he is about 100 lbs give or take and he's only 7 months old. Alot of puupy to handle but he is really good and listens well. Very gentle with the kids. His name was Brewster when we got him but my kids kept calling him Bruiser so I think we are sticking with that.

Thank the lord I am over being sick because we had planned to got to the beach this weekend for my DD's 6th birthday. I would've hated breaking her heart. She hasn't been to the beach before and that was her request instead of a party. Which is great for me because we are stopping by my best friends house to see their new place and hang out fo rthe night.

Sorry for such a long post!! I hope all you ladies are enjoying your week and I hope to back on the threads as usuall by Monday.
  • Morning Chickies!

I am feeling lots better today! Thanks to everybody for their kind words and

I am going to have a nice chat with my Drs when I go and see them, which is very soon. I think there is a lot going on with my hormones which his causing a lot of the ups and downs...................I have PCOS, which I know can do that, but I still don't think things are right. I want to get those checked out. You all know how you just "know" when something is out of whack, well I can just "tell".

I have been having such extreme highs and lows with no warnings. Also I've been having severe HOT flashes! I hope I'm not going into pre-menopause! I'm only 31, soon to be 32 next month, but I know with the PCOS and all it can cause your hormones to do a lot of funky things! So we will see what the Drs have to say. I have an appt with my Family Dr. and also with my Gyn. as well.

I want to also discuss my medications, I think they are also making me feel funky. (my diabetic medications) But I have a feeling that he is going to switch me anyways after he takes my bloodwork again.

Well I hope you all have a Wonderful Day!!!!!!!

and to anybody who make need them today!!!!!!!!
  • Hi Kids, I can't play today so I'll make this short and sweet... I will catch up tomorrow.

Have a wonderful Friday and remember, YOUR BEAUTIFUL!!! cause I said so!