Friends around the World #13 - New Broome sweeps clean.

You're on Page 27 of 27
Go to
  • The Weekend Madness Begins
    SMOKE ALARMS, CLOGGED TOILETS. A DEATH IN THE NURSING HOME, A MAN TO THE HOSP WITH A WEAK HEART AND THE WOMAN FROM LAST WEEKEND HAS GONE INTO THE HOSPITAL WITH A HEART PROBLEM. GEEZ
    NOTHING LIKE ENDING THE WEEK WITH A BANG.
    MY PBS SITCOMS ARE ON SO ADIOS.

CEEJAY~
    THINK XMASSY THOUGHTS....THEY ALWAYS CHEER ME UP
    HOPE THE WEEKEND FINDS SOME PEACE OF MIND FOR YOU

SUZI~ A VACATION!!! LOL ENJOY THE TIME AND HOPE YOU DO SOMETHING NICE FOR YOURSELF!!!
  • PW, here's wishing you a happy, well-balanced Libran birthday!

Apologies to all the Friends for my lengthy silence. I'm still lurking fairly regularly, and do plan to get back to posting one of these days, but I've been lost somewhere between Scotland and our present abode, swimming aimlessly about in the Bermuda Triangle (yes, a little weak on geography...)

It does make me feel all warm and squishy to know a few of you have missed me As a token of my gratitude, I'll spare you my usual tedious litany of petty complaints about life the last few months.

• Happy Birthday PW
    Hope you have a great day and a terrific year to follow!!!
    You deserve the very best!

Well, the rain has been fabulous all night and I can't sleep. But it could effect the fishing today. It will be a great drive anyway.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend.....
    Peace,
    Nae
  • Yeah Mel!!!
    Aw, Meadow, have a delightful time.
    ((Ceejay))
    Hiya Suzi!!! Change is good!!! Been in the same gerbil wheel for too long.
    Shad and Suzi are well into thier weekend!! Hoping it is enjoyable.
    Was that a Turtle racing by!!????? Fuzzy red head hugs for Java.
    Good to see you Carla.

Last weekend I saw my former best friend( from all the mess and drama a few years ago) for the first time. Another couple have recently separated. Former friend was grilling the wife, all under the guise of concern, for details. I had some serious flashbacks of being likewise grilled. It was hard to see her but also liberating in a sense because I still wouldn't want to be there. Certainly dont want all that judgement about my life and choices. BTW, former friend was all softspoken and chatty with me, like the last 3 years had never happen. I felt quite angry at first but have let it go.

It is a 3 day weekend!!!! and the sun is shining. The crabby old goat of a cat woke me up So i got up to enjoy a coffee in solitude. Kids have had cereal. DS is doing homework. DD is watching cartoons. The old goat i am married to is still in bed. This cold is really annoying. It is terrible in the morning and then disappears for most of the day. It just needs to disappear completely.
    I am going into town to look at 2 cars this morning. The dealer we use is 45 min away. Everyone here in town uses the local guy. He does our repairs. Good rep. We would have to put the payment on our line of credit. A 2003 Sunfire and 2003 Grand Am.

Must clean the kitchen and bake pumpkin pies.
  • Mornin' chicks,

I am in semi-lurker mode. Lots to do with some deadlines ahead. And I do have a tendency to dawdle around things I should put off till later instead of focusing on the tasks at hand. So I will break habit and DO WHAT I SHOULD BE DOING **big sigh**

Hugs to the chicks for now. Glad to see you Carla, it's even good to know that you're lurking (like Tig) - still means you are around because we don't let go too easily You're mine my little pretty.... cackle cackle (obscure Wizard of Oz reference). Which reminds me - I should decorate for Halloween before it's right on top of us. I'm proud to say that I actually know where my decorations are in the attic.

See, I'm babbling / procrastinating as we speak. So... have a happy Saturday. Stay calm Mel - there's WAYYYYY to much going on in your building to suit me. It's a pity that you have to be everyone's "mom".

Hellos to the rest, don't mean to ignore you but if I comment to all, it will be noontime and I'll still be here in front of the computer. I'll come back when I'm all tired out.
  • Hello all!
    Its me! I have been ill with a chest infecti0on and bronchitis so I spent two nights in the hospital over last weekend . At last I am finally feeling better but still have a lingering cough. I have been taking 10 antibiotic pills every day for 10 days now! I'll be SO glad to see the back of them!
    I have spoken to Linus a few timers lately and I think she said she had managed to get in a quick post. I think her family world is calming down a little bit!!

Miss Mel How could you post Christmas smilies ALREADY!?
  • Mel's having problems again with the computer. She seems to be able to post on other threads but not this one. There is something strange happening here. I thought maybe it was because there are too many pages and dial up will no longer handle it - well it is a possibility I guess. Maybe a new thread is in order. Mel have you tried logging off and back one again to 3FC?? Have you ticked the checkbox that says 'remember me'? (as if we could forget). Even going to the local shopping centre these days makes one think of Mel!!!! I bought a couple of blue glass dishes for the bathroom and when I got it home the bag has a sticker on it shrieking Mel's name.

Went to an 18th birthday party last night. What a noise. Not that the kids made that much noise. The band did though. I may be old but is there any reason why you have to have the music so loud that you can't hear for sometime afterwards? Is it to account for the fact that the kids can't play well? You could only just hear that there was a singer (def) there was no way you hear what he was singing. God I must be getting old.

Teel - I was thinking it was about time I rang you last weekend. Must have been psychic or something. Hope you are feeling much much better now. That's an awful lot of antibiotics friend. Guess it must be doing some good. I supposte thay are around the size of horse tablets as well.

Happy - get on with the day. Weekends are too precious to spend dawdling around and getting nothing achieved. We'll still be here when you get back.

Holly - have a happy long weekend. Enjoy thanksgiving.

Carla - good to see you back and posting. Always knew you were out there and lurking somewhere. Time to dust off and get back with us. Tell us about Autumn up your way.

Okay - I am a bit like Happy - lots of chores to do, lots of things to get on with. I should be out poisoning some of those pesky weeds, however it is cloudy out there and although it probably won't rain I'm not sure I want to take the chance since I will then have to do it over again and I'm not keen to do that. Coffee, gym and work. In that order.
  • BIG Hugs To You teel you poor thing. I hope you recover quickly. it's not good to go into winter with all that. Now remember with all those antibiotics to eat loads of yoghurt.
    will post later bye for now
  • I'm glad you are ALL still posting here.
    I have lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I hope they STAY lost this time.
    I am keeping a food log, a body journal AND keeping track of how badly I fall of the ADA food plan wagon. It is all helping, and I feel slightly better about the level of "control" I have over my life.
    I also get to stop taking my Arimidex at least til November. This is a good thing. I'm hoping I won't ache so much, be so crabby or hang on to weight SO MUCH with it.

did any of you read the "Lose 22 lbs immediately by getting rid of parasites" article in one of the grocerty store tabloids. Is that too good to be true, too? (Although how GOOD can it be to be full of parasites....?) Just wondering.

will try to catch up during football tomorrow. Our local Hockey team is on TV... Bye.

Found this on the old thread. From Painterwoman. Guess she got confused with the two threads being on the front page.
  • Happy Holidays to the Canadian Chicks!

I hope I'm not too late. Did you have a good time with the family and remember all the blessings you should be grateful for?
  • I think Painterwoman just doesn't want to leave the Hebrides.

I'm sorry - I should probably renounce and turn in my I.T. Computer Geek card - tho I am a much better analyst than a technician, but I just can't help Mel. I don't have dial up and I have never, ever, EVER been a fan of AOL. All my encounters with it have been troublesome. Even the few times I've used it on other people's PCs I haven't had luck with it. I really DO wish I could help...
  • Back again
    Everyone must be having a busy Sunday. Not a bad thing at that.

Yesterday I went and got my hair done. It ain't cheap. I've tried 3 different salons and unless you go to the Hair Cuttery type places and get your hair cut short like a man's, they all seem to charge about the same for some color, a cut and a blowdry. So I probably only go twice a year and keep my hair with neutral highlights so they grow out without looking too bad. I made my appointment several weeks ago and arrived on time. I had to wait about 15 minutes which wasn't too bad. My hair had alot of blonde highlights with a little bit of low lights (darker strands). My stylist suggested putting in more lowlights, toning down the "summer blonde" a bit as we headed into fall and winter. Ok, no problem, she's been pretty good thusfar. She puts the color on my hair and asks me to sit off to the side while it processes. She said she had to do color on another client. Again, no problem as I figured I needed to wait anyway. She starts to work on the next lady and I realize that she's doing the same process on her that she did on me. It took over an hour to paint my hair so that meant I was in for a long wait. One hour later I am still sitting on a chair waiting with this color on my hair (from when she started that means that the top of my hair had color sitting on it for almost TWO HOURS!) I am starting to get very agitated. I keep looking at my watch and shifting in my chair. All the other stylists are looking at me but mine is just chatting away with her other client. Finally one girl walks by and asks if I'm doing ok. By now I have been sitting in a chair for an hour and 15 minutes. I say to her that I am getting very concerned about sitting with color on my hair for well over an hour and is my hair getting fried? A few minutes later one of the other stylists came to rinse the color off my hair. I sat there another 20 minutes with a wet head in a cold salon (several clients complained that it was too cold in there). When my stylist finally called me to the chair she was all cheery and I was not. I didn't want to make a scene in front of the whole salon but I thought that was really tacky to make me wait well over an hour and a half. I know sometimes the stylists double book and I wouldn't have minded at all if she had squeezed a quick haircut in while I was waiting. To top it off she barely trimmed my hair. My bangs were so long - well past the bottom of my glasses - that I had to trim them myself when I got home. My head is all itchy from the color irritating my scalp and I hate the color of my hair. It's wayyyyy too dark and does nothing for me. I know I sound whiny reading this back but I paid ALOT of money for this. And I feel you should at least walk out feeling good about yourself. DH said I should go back and tell her about it. Right now with my scalp irritated the way it is, I don't dare have more color put on it. I think I will write her a note tho. She's a really sweet girl and I'm sure she wasn't really thinking. It seemed to me that some of the other stylists were looking at me and looking at M wondering WHY she was making a client sit so long. And I guess one of the reasons I'm more upset than usual was because I wanted to look nice when I go to Chicago at the end of the month. And right now I'm not feeling very nice looking.

Painter Good going on the 5 pound loss. That's fantastic. Don't lose the momentum!

Shad, I remember going to clubs in the 70's where the music was so loud that our ears were ringing long after we left. And it was almost impossible to talk - you went there to drink and dance and that was it. Things haven't changed much, have they? I find the same to be true of movie theaters, particularly if you go to one where there aren't many people in the theater (to absorb the sound???). That's the main reason we don't go to the movies that often anymore. Hope you were able to make some good headway on the to do list this weekend. Sweet dreams as right now you are sleeping And I was also thinking that it's time to shift our 3FC home again.

Teel, so sorry to hear that you are sick. 10 pills a day Hope they do their job. Bronchitis is so hard to get over. Feel better soon.

Carla - there are 2 good things about venting. 1) It's a stress reliever - get it out of your system and go on with your life. 2) Sometimes when I hear about someone else's misery, I realize I haven't got any grounds to legitimately complain. So post away, that's why we're here.

Mel, hope you are enjoying your TV shows and thinking CHRISTMAS stuff while we are all looking at pumpkins. Don't answer your door because it's not trick or treaters

Suzi, I hope your hair faired better than mine.

CeeJay, I'll be in Jonesboro tomorrow morning. Wish I had time to meet up but the other 7 in my party aren't into detours. Will to you.

Hellos to the rest of the chicks. Better get back to printing and assembling the newsletter - 6 pages this issue. I'm cursing myself that there's so much to print, but it's my own fault since I WROTE IT. Later chickadees...
  • Please do not post here anymore. . Click here to go to our new thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95563

Have a good day.