Chunk chicken?

• Hello all,
    Quick question - is wal-mart brand canned "premium chunk chicken in water" considered core? It contains chicken, water and salt.
    Also, if it is core, what do I do with it? - I'm just trying to keep the house cool & not turn on the stove.
    Thanks!
  • I don't know if it is core (cuz I'm not ww) so someone else will have to answer that question BUT I can tell you what I do with it. I open it, drain it, chop some onions and put a little in it, squeeze lemon juice, add pepper to taste, almonds, and very little light or ff mayo. I mix it up real good and I have CHICKEN SALAD and I eat it by itself.
  • I'm pretty sure it is! At least I have always eaten it. I usually just mix mine up with a little ff mayo or miracle whip and eat it with salad, crackers, or a slice of bread. You can also use it in place of chicken in some casseroles, etc. for a quick fix.
  • I've used it in the past in some of the chicken soup recipes and consider it Core. All my materials are at work but I'll check tomorrow for sure -- unless someone comes back tonight with an answer.
  • Woo hoo! No cookin' for me!! LOL
  • It wasn't in etools, but I found this one that is worth sharing

Oven-Roasted Herbed-Vegetable Chips

Core Recipe
    Servings | 4
    Preparation Time | 15 min
    Cooking Time | 120 min
    Level of Difficulty | Easy

snacks | These crunchy homemade chips are worth waiting for when you crave a crisp, savoury snack. Try substituting in red potatoes, turnips or rutabagas.

Ingredients

4 sprays olive oil cooking spray, (5 one-second sprays per serving)
    1 medium zucchini, sliced crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices
    1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices
    2 small sweet potato(es), peeled and sliced crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices
    2 large carrot(s), peeled and sliced diagonally into 1/8-inch-thick slices
    1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
    1 tsp fresh oregano, or to taste

Instructions

Preheat oven to 200ºF. Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.

Place zucchini and squash in a single layer on one baking sheet. Place potato and carrots on other sheet in single layer. Coat vegetables with cooking spray and season tops of vegetables with salt and oregano. (Note: Use a mandolin to evenly slice vegetables if you have one.)

Roast for 1 hour and then rotate trays. Roast for 1 1/2 to 2 hours total, or until chips are crisp and dry. Yields about 1/3 cup per serving. (Note: To keep chips crisp, store in an airtight container or zip-top bag for 3 days. To re-crisp already cooked chips that have gone soft, cook on a baking sheet for 10 minutes at 250ºF.)