Post your Super Foods menus here--8/1

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: Yes! I love Dr. Kracker! Ryvita is my favorite, but Dr. Kracker's stuff is a close second.
    Oooh... I've never tried Ryvita... I'll keep an eye out.

Which Dr. Krackers do you like? My fav so far seems to be sunflower and cheese (wrote pumpkin earlier...), but I also like seedlander...
  • I usually get the seeded spelt, and eat them with Laughing Cow cheese. I keep a package of each at work for snacks. Mmm!
  • So far today

Breakfast: Whole Wheat Tortilla (sf), 2 eggs, mushrooms, sausage, soy milk (sf), salsa (sf), cranberry juice (sf),green tea (sf) sweetened with honey (sf)

Lunch: Whole Wheat Pasta 2 serv (sf), white clam sauce-clams (sf),lemon juice (sf), evoo (sf), garlic (sf), butter, parsley

Dinner: Chicken and wild Rice Soup-carrots(sf),chicken breast(sf),wild rice(sf),onion(sf), chicken broth,

Snack: pretzels,peanut butter (sf)

16 super foods, 12 different kinds
  • Hmm, not a great day
    B-*Almonds, ry cracker, goat cheese
    L-minestrone and salad *tomato *onion,*carrot,*beans,*greens
    D-baked tortilla chip, beans, salsa, *avocado
    S-*dark chocolate, *tea

9 today, I ran out of calories. Tomorrow I'll have more because I have a huge fruit salad made.
  • Quote:
    Which Dr. Krackers do you like? My fav so far seems to be sunflower and cheese (wrote pumpkin earlier...), but I also like seedlander...
    I like Seeded Spelt and Three Seed (I think that's the name of #2). I eat them plain as the whole grain part of my lunch or occasionally top them w/ peanut butter or tuna salad. Hummus would be good, too.

I guess we have a Dr. Kracker fan club!
  • I will have to try the seeded spelt. And some of those toppings sound good!

Dr Kracker fan club -- cool!

Where do you get yours? Only place I've seen them is Whole Foods.
  • Arghhhh, I hit a combo of keys and lost my whole post! Grrrr

B: Crispix (I know...) with 1% milk and blueberries (sf)
    s: hard boiled egg
    l: salmon (sf) pasta salad, orange pepper strips (sf)
    s: cottage cheese with blueberries (sf) and raspberries (sf) which I'll eat while everyone else has
    d: I'm liking the sound of Glory's qusadilla, and I have everything except whole wheat tortillas, may have to use the ones I have which are Diane's 98% fat free.

Glory - what size are your totillas? taco or burrito?

The Dr Kracker's sound good too. I'll have to see if they're sold around here anywhere.

On tea - I don't like iced tea, only hot and that with milk in it. I have some green tea that I'm learning to like (but hot, not cold).

And I'm with - oh, who was it? - about the lower sodium V8 - blech!!!
  • My menu:

Breakfast:
    old fashioned (not steel cut) oats with
    dried wild blueberries,
    walnuts,
    honey and
    wheat germ

Lunch:
    salmon cake (salmon, onion, breadcrumbs & egg) cooked with EVOO
    salad (lettuce, shrimp, Asian Sesame dressing)

Snack:
    Pineapple

Dinner:
    Boston Market turkey dinner (5 oz of turkey...I know, 1 ounce too much!)
    double serving of mixed veggies (broccoli & carrots)
    Lipton tea (2 cups)

Dessert:
    cherries
    dark chocolate square
    soymilk

Total calories: 1512
    Total SuperFoods: 15 (again, I think so...I can't count this late!)
  • Quote: I will have to try the seeded spelt. And some of those toppings sound good!

Dr Kracker fan club -- cool!

Where do you get yours? Only place I've seen them is Whole Foods.
    I have gotten mine at Whole Foods and, of all places, Target! My Target has a grocery store and that's where I first found them.
  • Quote: l: salmon (sf) pasta salad...

The Dr Kracker's sound good too. I'll have to see if they're sold around here anywhere.

On tea - I don't like iced tea, only hot and that with milk in it. I have some green tea that I'm learning to like (but hot, not cold).

And I'm with - oh, who was it? - about the lower sodium V8 - blech!!!
    Pat - I'm the one who thinks low sodium V-8 is yuck. I'm drinking a regular large can as we speak, which I'll stick with until/unless I find a better alternative. I buy it by the case @ Costco (I think you're a Costco shopper, too, no?) and drink it w/ breakfast 5 days a week.

Any ideas for a recipe that will use up the low-sodium V-8 I have left?

Also, Pat, did you have salmon AND pasta salad or was it salmon pasta salad? If it's the latter, can you share the recipe?

Thanks!
  • I love tomatoes but for some reason, I can't stand tomato juice or V8. I like carrot juice and I've had success with other mixtures of veggies/fruit juices. I wish I knew why.

Can you cook with v8? I'd try doing that.
  • Ah, sorry BF, I just didn't go back to confirm who it was. Sorry. I do buy V8 by the case at Costco sometimes. I really like it, esp ice cold. And Nelie, eeewwww to carrot juice! We had friends who loved it and would bring it to us fresh. Both of us agreed - not for us! And yes, you can good with V8, many WWer's use it as a soup base.

Salmon pasta salad. It was just that little seashell pasta with left over salmon, onions, cut up snap peas, cut up orange pepper (and celery would be good, but I didn't have any), with a dressing of lf mayo, lemon juice, salt and pepper. It makes a nice cool summer dinner. I wish that you could get more shapes in whole wheat pasta. I try to buy it or at least the blended stuff, but I miss all the varieties.
  • Pat -

No need to apologize ! That salmon salad sounds great. I'll have to try it.
  • Breakfast:
    Oatmeal (sf)
    Wheat Germ (sf)
    Raisins (sf)
    Green Tea (sf) sweetened with honey (sf)

Lunch:
    Chicken And wild Rice Soup, Chicken breast(sf),wild rice(sf),carrots(sf),onions(sf),chicken broth

Dinner:
    BBQ Chicken Breast (sf)
    Brown Rice (sf)

Snack:
    Almonds (sf)