Somebody Noticed!!!

• Well, I've been making SLOW but steady progress in this weight loss thing....on a good day I've lost 5 lbs, but I guess it looks like more because of all people my MOTHER IN LAW told me I look great and said "hey skinny, you sure are losing weight!" I couldn't believe it. It really gave me a push to workout more, and keep it up. Slow and steady is okay with me.

When was the first time someone noticed your efforts??
  • That's great! You must be losing inches even if you aren't losing pounds and that's good. People have told me that it is a good sign if you lose inches before pounds; this was my experience as well. Have you taken your measurements? You should do that; it's a good way to measure progress beside the scale (which is fickle at best ).

It was months, MONTHS, and way more than five pounds before anyone noticed that I was losing weight. In fact, I went home at Christmas two months into my program and having dropped an entire size in clothing and not one person in my entire family noticed. My sister is coming to visit in a couple of weeks and I'm still skeptical that she'll notice (she is very self-absorbed) despite the fact that I've now lost 30 pounds and dropped several sizes.

- Barbara
  • Oh, for me it wasn't until I'd lost like 40 pounds that people started to notice, but then they started commenting all the time! It helps if you get rid of the too-big clothing and wear things that show off the weight you've lost.

Congrats! Sometimes the compliments are what makes me keep going.
  • Oh, I hope your sister notices for you....30 lbs! You deserve it!

I should have taken my measurements before I began this darn thing. I know I've lost inches because I can wear a few of my belts, which I couldn't before and my sports bras don't seem to be quite as effective as they were a couple of weeks ago.
  • Congratulations on the weight loss. WTG.
  • That is great! I have just started to have people notice and I've lost over 30 pounds, but I think when you are as heavy as I am it takes more weight before other people really begin to notice a difference. Keep up the great work!!
  • Dont you just love it when people notice? It makes everything seem worthwhile and its also so uplifting and encourages you to keep going! Way to go!
  • Brook
    Hello ,Hope you are having a great day. congrats on the 5lb gone!!
    you probably have lost inches. My dauhter started at curves 1month
    ago. Before she joined she has lost 10lbs. It took about 6weeks. But the
    good news is she had lost 9.5 inches .Are you working out? Ibet that
    is it loosing inches. Just keep up with what you are doing , it will come
    off!! Iam new and i hope you dont mind my post. have a great day.
    Hugs LINda
  • Congrats! Keep up the great job!!
  • I think after I lost 20 pounds...that's when people really started to notice.