My own NSV

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • When I was in Junior High (which was 7 years ago) I really loved running. But unfortunately as the years passed by I gained weight and wasnt comfortable running anymore.

But today I went out to the track at a high school across my street and I decided to run. I was able to do 2 laps which equals to half a mile WITHOUT STOPPING!!! I was so excited. I walked another mile after that. Im thinking that Im going to gradually add on the the amount of time I can run without stopping.

I felt so accomplished!
  • Congratulations! That's awesome!
  • Thank you!!!
  • WTG!! That is great!!
  • That's awesome! Don't hurt yourself progressing too fast though. Sheesh...half a mile without stopping...lol...someone would have to call the ambulance for me! Hehe. Feels good to run though, I know you enjoyed it!

Kim
  • Congrats! I bet it feels good to get back on the run!
  • Thats terrific!!! Congrats!!!!
  • Great job ...slow and staedy. I know I do that on my tread mill. Just keep adding more and more I do half mile no problem some days I can make a mile with out any kids bugging me. Ounce only ounce I did mile half. Don't ask me where I pulled that out of But. You will do that in no tiem.
  • Congrats on the run! I'm trying to get into running but I have a long (and bad) history with my feet/ankles/calves.

What does NSV stand for? I've been trying to figure it out and I'm just totally at a loss.
  • NSV is non-scale victory.

Congratulations on the running. That is terriffic.
  • Ooooh... Non-scale victory.. it all makes so much sense now.
  • Thank you!! all of you!! SO SO MUCH!! Its great to have your support.
  • That does feel so great. It is amazing what our bodies can do! I would LOVE to run in a 5K, it's been a secret goal of mine for years....and 2 laps would be the way to start. You go girl! You'll be running the whole mile in no time!
  • Ohmigosh, Lilly, that's wonderful!!! Congratulations!
  • WTG!! That's wonderful Lilly!!! Keep up the great work...