My First Scale Victory

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to

• Wow, went to weigh-in this morning at the neighborhood clinic, lost my first 5 lbs!!! I'm so happy to see some results, and thought I'd share it with all of you. Also must add a dancing carrot, just 'cause he's SO cute!

Ya'll have a great day!
  • Congratulations!
    Just keep truckin'
  • While I love celebrating my nonscale victories, it's the scale victories that keep me going!! Way to GO! Now you KNOW you are on the right track. Doesn't that feel great!!!
  • YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't that just SOOOO encouraging!!!
  • Excellent, Kim! Keep up the good work!
  • Good for you! Keep it up!
    Congratulations!!!
  • Awsome WTG!!! That's like losing a whole roast! I like to think of my pounds in terms of food and children. I've lost almost 2 small children. Lol!
  • WTG, 5 lbs. is excellent. Congratulations.
  • Quote: Awsome WTG!!! That's like losing a whole roast! I like to think of my pounds in terms of food and children. I've lost almost 2 small children. Lol!
    lol, thats great!!! I guess I have then lost my 3 year old!!! Great way to look at it, I love it! Now, if I could just lose my 7 year old, I would be set!

Kim-Great job on the five pounds. Don't you love it when that scale moves??
  • Speaking of 3 year olds....Mine today came to me and was crying and touching his head. He was mumbling and trying tell me what happened. The blissful thing about a 3 year old is that all you have to do to make him feel better is kiss his booboo and make it feel better. I admit at first he protested that he wasn't being treated seriously and wasn't going to offer me his head to kiss, but he gave in and the second I kissed it...he giggled. Who would want to lose that?!
  • Ok, so I didn't lose my 3 year old, I lost 33 lbs. But I still am considering losing the 7 year old. He is driving me nuts today! My two oldest, 7 & 11, are going to South Dakota to spend a week with their grandparents, staring Aug 1st. I am ready for the break. My husband is currenly deployed and I am going nuts here at home with them!
  • When my oldest 2 (10 and 7) are away, my 3 year old drives me nuts!
  • WTG!

Wow, when I think of it that way I've lost like an entire toddler, or a medium size dog.
  • LOL ya'll are too funny! Thanks to you all. It really IS great when you see a change. I am feeling very encouraged, and had been having a hard time drinking enough water (I was getting 80 oz most days) but have already had 100 oz today and am still going!! I just feel so...so...so...ENCOURAGED!!

The idea of losing a whole roast...wow...I have never thought about it like that although I have told myself today that "5 lbs. is like losing 1/2 bag of potatoes!!" I'm thinking now that it would be NICE to lose my 2nd oldest daughter...she's 19...weighs about 160 lbs. Nice thought!

Thanks again for the encouragement and the smiles!