Biking

• Hello ladies

I've been biking for my cardio in order to get in shape and lose weight. I have been keeping track of all my stuff on FitDay. Before I had just been recording the amount of time and clicking "moderate effort- leisure, 12-13.9 mph"

Today I went and actually tracked how far I have been riding. I find out I've only been going a little over 9 miles per hour. Most of that was at a high gear.

So what do you think? Have I only been doing the "<10 mph. leisure?" I really feel like I have been working hard, but maybe it's just cause I was so out of shape.
  • how do you feel while doing the exercise? do you feel its moderate, heavy or light exercise?

i think if you are using a higher gear and seem to be taking less revolutions it might be towards the lower end of the scale - light. why not push yourself just that little bit more and reduce the level a couple of notches and aim to get 12kph for a change.

otherwise perhaps search some other calorie counting site for other descriptions and go from there - take an average. here is one to get you going Counter. There is the option of light, moderate or heavy cycling.

i hope this helps.
  • I think fitday is probably counting stationary biking where the terrain is entirely flat. Are you factoring the hills in? It is so hard to work with fitday and their exercise trackers...I much prefer nutridiary.com they have more choices.