New to the forum...

• Hi-

I'm new to this forum. I've posted in other areas of this site, and a member invited me to join this group. Over the last month, I have increased my exercise. However, over the last few days I started to work on my diet. I know that my overeating is emotional. I just have to tell myself to stop and decide if i'm eating because i'm hungary or if I'm upset. I guess I want to take the "comfort" out of food.

I look forward to posting in this area of the forum.

Priscilla
  • HI prissi and welcome! Glad to see ya here.

Suggest maybe you can start by looking at what kind of plan you might want to follow.. for me, that helps a LOT. Planning makes me feel more stable, and in control. I'm an emotional eater too, so if I have boundaries, it seems to help me out.

Not everyone is the same of course but it helped me really get a grip on the emotional part of this.

If you don't know much about dieting, ask around, check out the different parts of the board that talk about different diet plans.

Really nice and helpful bunch of people, you will like it here at 3FC. I was bummed out totally about a month ago and now I'm just feeling so much better!!

~ Angie
  • Hi Prissi:

Welcome to the 300+ area! We're glad to have you joining us. Please check out the "sticky" thread above marked for "NEWBIES". It has some tips for navigating in our area.

CONGRATS on the great start to your weightloss journey and your consisitency! WooHoo for you!!!

Please come join one of the discussion threads. We'd love to get to know you better.
  • Hey Priscilla,

I love your name! Welcome
  • Priscilla - Welcome!! Please feel free to jump in on the numbered thread. I am an emotional eater too, and one of the reasons I always failed before was because I was too strict and turned my eating into self persecution.