fat free pringles

• 14 chips have only 70 calories.

I was a huge pringles fan esp the sour cream and onion flavoured ones. I stopped it to lose weight but i found these at ralphs yesterday!

is anyother pringles fan as excited as I am?
  • I'm not They use Olestra as the fat substitute. It may cause the runs and/or stomach pains

The reduced fat ones are pretty good
  • I buy the 100 cal pringles snack packs. They are regular pringles but are portioned into 100 cal packs. I eat them very rarely, but when I get a chip craving they fit the bill. I've also tried and liked the doritos 100 cal snack packs. I prefer a small portion of the "real" stuff over olestra fat free chips. I'd rather not subject myself to anal leakage (olestra side effect)!!!

But more power to you if the fat free pringles jive with your system and you enjoy them....go for it!
  • I prefer baked chips. I don't feel greasy when I eat them and I LOVE the flavors.
  • I recently stumbled upon Michael Seasons Lite Line chips and cheese puffs and love them! They are organic and low fat, but very, very good. I buy them at Kroger. They should be limited like any other chip, but it sure is hard to resist them
  • Remember the Wow! chips craze? Didn’t last long, I suspect the olestra didn’t “jive” with a lot of people’s systems. I don’t really care fro Pringles in any form, taste like salty processed potato flake wafers. I prefer baked blue corn chips, Guiltless Gourmet makes pretty good ones.
  • I have to raise my hand! I am addicted to FF Pringles!
    I can't have more than a can at a time in my house.
  • I don't think the ff pringles have the olestra that the wow chips have. I would reccommend the ff bbq flavour , 14 chips for 1 pt. I also LOVE munching on Stacies bbq soy crisps. LOVE THEM, they also have extra protein!
  • I could be wrong, but I think the ff pringles do have olestra, but the lights do not. I buy both occasionally, and don't have any problems with the olestra, except for the one time that I ate half a can over the coarse of a day, and then it didn't cause the problems I was expecting.

Unlike sugar alcohols like malitol. I once ate two servings of sugar free jellybellies (it was a very tiny 2.5" x 3.5" bag that I assumed was a single serving), and had a "stomache flu-like" reaction within about 15 minutes.
  • Not a fan of them........sorry...... I liked the baked chips, they aren't too bad.
  • I went on their website to checkout if they contain olestra and they DO !
    Thanks guys for telling me about the side effetcs of that thing, I had no clue!

I will keep to the baked ones!