Lost 30 pounds!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • This is my first time posting in this forum - I guess because I never really thought I have done much to be proud of - but really I have!

Today is not my weigh in, but I am counting this anyway. As of this morning I am down 30.6 pounds! I won't be changing my ticker until my weigh in day (Saturday) but I still have to dance around today because 30 pounds is HUGE! I am so proud of myself for coming this far. This is the most weight that I have EVER lost and I can't believe it.

This morning I put a shirt on, a shirt that has been too big for a while, but today it was HUGE - I was going to change into something that fit better, but I thought "I might as well wear it one last time." It is great when I look in the mirrior and see how HUGE this shirt is on me, but at the same time I am a little sad I can't wear it anymore (weird, huh?).

Anyway I have just felt really good all day and I wanted to share it

• Let me be the first to say congratulations. Wow, 30 pounds is a lot of pounds. remember when you used to get so frustrated because the weight was coming off too slow. And now, look at you. I'm proud of you for hanging in there. You've been doing awesome and I know it's just going to get better from here for you.
  • Courtnie--I always like reading your posts.

And, go see if you can find the same shirt in a smaller size!

30 lbs. is BIG TIME great. Go stack up 30 lbs. of butter and see what it looks like!

Congrats!!!!!!!
  • SO- CONGRAT'S im proud of you i cant wait to be there with you WOW 30 pounds that is awsome
  • Just wanted to say thanks! And yes, I do tend to complain when my 'weight loss' seems slow but I think I am over the complaining - this is the weigh I remember myself so anything from here on in (well just about) is the lightest I remember (almost! I remember be 174).

As for the shirt, I bought it at a plus sized store - I don't think they make it any smaller! And it isn't my favourte shirt, I just hate wasteing perfectly good clothing! I think when I am all done I am going to donate everything to a women's shelter or something.
  • Congratulations, 30 lbs. is awesome. WTG.
  • Way to go, Courtnie - hope you're going to treat yourself somehow!
  • YaY Courtnie!!! Happy dances for you!!! Toss the tent and go buy something SEXY!!!! Post a new pic! Rosario~ Cute new avatar.
  • Congratulations, that's wonderful : ) And I know what you mean about being disappointed you can't wear your shirt anymore. Tonight I pulled off my favorite pants without unbuttoning them and I know it's not going to be long before they won't stay up at all. They're only two months old and I love them! But I will love being healthier more, and so will you.
  • You go girl!!! That is GREAT!!!
    Congrats!
  • Courtnie - congrats I'm so happy for you... I have a feeling you might make that Birthday goal of yours.. keep up the good work

-Aimee
  • Way to go Courtnie! I am so proud of you. I too enjoy reading your posts
  • Thanks guys - it is nice to know that people like reading my useless posts! I will definatly get myself some new shirts soon. I have a new pair of a jeans and a pink hoodie (soo cute) hanging in my closet waiting for me to hit 180! I am also getting myself a puppy (well my boyfriend is helping too as a birthday present). My puppy is a treat to myself for hard work (and my birthday).

I do have a couple pics laying around of me after 20 pounds - maybe one of these days I will feel brave and post them here! They were posted in another thread awhile ago, but I never posted them for everyone.

I can't wait to change my ticker on Saturday!
  • Congratulations to you!! I know you must feel so much better now. 30 pounds IS a big deal and you've done just great. And I too enjoy your posts.
  • WTG that is awesome!!!