LA Lite alternatives--info please :)

• Hi!

I am really enjoying LAWL and this board--I lurk more than post, but I really get a benefit from this. THANK YOU!!!!

I saw this somewhere (I believe here), but I did a search and couldn't find it. When looking for comparable bars to the lites, what do you look for in the nutrition information? ~calories, protein, fiber, fat???? If anyone knows, could you post the technical info? Thanks so much!!!!

My neighbor is going to do it on her own and bought some bars called Tiger something. I can't remember. But knowing the info would make it more flexible for her.

I still love the lites--COOKIE DOUGH!!!! But I don't think I will buy more--too expensive.

Thanks in advance!!!
  • sorry i dont know what nutritional info you look for, i know some of the other gals on here will answer that but i do know that they sub luna & pria bars. Maybe just look for the ones closest to the nutritional info on the lites.
  • Here's the info off the LAWL Honey Nouget Lite--I guess anything in that range would be fairly comparable.

Calories--190
    Fat--4
    Sodium--85
    Carb--30
    Fiber--<1
    Sugars--22
    Protein--8

I love to substitute the Kashi Go Lean Crunchy--really better in everything--except the sodium so I just drink lemon water on that day, too.
  • The calorie content, and the protein grams are going to be the most important of the nutritional information that you are looking for. You want a bar that is within 20 calories of the Lite in either direction.

The fiber in many other bars are much higher than what is listed for the LA Lite bar-so that is a GOOD thing as well. A couple more fiber grams is a good "difference".
  • Hey Aphil, how are you doing?
  • I'm doing okay. I am 33 weeks right now out of 40...and still teaching dance class twice a week.

I plan on doing it for a couple more weeks before I go on "maternity leave" from teaching.

My weight gain with this pregnancy is about 30 pounds right now...so probably close to 35 by the time I deliver. I am happy with that, though-because with my other two I gained around 50+...so keeping a better track of my diet and exercising more this time around has made a huge difference.

• 30 lbs is great. I gained 60 with my 1st. I'm sure with all of the exercise you are doing the labor, delivery, and recovery will be much easier too.