How many times have you done Phase 1???

• I seem to be the master of phase one having gone back to it probably 8 times since 2004. The last time I did it was the easiest because I made a recipe book from recipes of this forum and a shopping list to go with the recipes. It was so nice not to be bored of the food. The SB Diet Book is a little too poshy for me, I just wanted easier to fix recipes.

Anyway, I probably use phase one as a crutch, but it does get rid of the cravings. The last time I did it I stayed on it for three weeks. The third week seemed to be a waste, gaining .5 pounds that week. Two weeks is the magic number for me, then I have learned I need to progress SLOWLY into phase two. It's so easy for me to go overboard on fruits.

Anyway, just curious....how many phase one repeaters are there?
  • Hi RN MoM

I have been on Phase 1 over & over again since 2003 and its not working for me anymore.Thats why I trying something different.

If you really like to fix real easy meals I would go to Food Network Rachael Rays 30 Min Meals. They're close to SB friendly and if they're not you can adjust these reciopes to fit the South Beach. I found a lot of salads to use instead of the same old lettuce,tomato & cuke with dress.

Hope that helps

Hugs BB
  • I can't even count anymore- the first few times I never even finish the two weeks. I can honestly say that I have only finished phase one once. This time around I am doing 1.5 - same as p 1 but with fruit. It seems to be the only thing that saves me. One day I am going to get this right.
  • I actually feel like I'm living on phase 1! Not because I've fallen off the wagon, but because I'm scared I'll fall off on phase 2. Almost like I'll eat a pound of strawberries in a single sitting. (Which I've done before!)
    And yes, I also think the recipes are a bit too poshy! =)
  • I thing the 30 minute cookbook is great and the recipes aren't poshy. Those recipes in the book are suggestions and many of us like the change of pace. I get tired of plain food real quick.
  • I've done P1 about 5 or 6 times. I did it the first time to start SBD, did it after each time I did a planned time off of the plan (2 times in Europe, once in Canada), and a couple other times when I realized some sugar had gotten into my diet and I was craving. I find that one week is enough...and often only do M-F.

I hear you chickies about variety. I really need interesting food to eat or I get frustrated and feel deprived. I often save P1 recipes that I love, like the Taco Bake to make only during P1, so it feels like a treat. I love Cooking Light magazine...I am able to convert about 2/3 of their recipes very easily to SBD-safe dishes. Every month I have a new assortment of recipes to pick from...it's a lot of fun!
  • I think the full 2 weeks anywhere from 3-4 times. Now, DO NOT ask me how many times I have joined Weight Watchers!!!!!
  • So many times. I had a serious set back a few months ago and I gained back all the weight I lost. I'm still trying to recover from that. I'm doing P1.5 for a while starting today because I've been having some cravings. A careful P2 where I don't eat too may starchy carbs works better for me than P1.
  • I've done phase 1 about 3 or 4 times already this summer. I agree with 4boys4me...I feel like I'm living on phase 1 because I know I'll just blow it on phase 2. I usually go the whole 2 weeks for phase 1, then try to go onto phase 2, feel like I've blown it, then go back to phase 1. It's just a continuous cycle! haha