Carbalose Flour

• Anyone tried this? As I've mentioned before, I really cannot tollerate soy and I saw this listed on netrition.

Quote:
    Carbalose is a revolutionary new flour that can be used in place of wheat flour, but contains 80% less carbs.

Use like regular flour in most recipes!

Adjustments: Water or liquids may need slight adjustments. Increase yeast or leavening up to double the original recipe. Drop baking temperature by 25 degrees F and slightly increase cooking time.

In most recipes, Carbalose behaves like wheat flour, because unlike similar products, it is made mostly from wheat, yet it lacks most non-fiber carbohydrates. There are products that claim to be “Low-Carb flour”, but they just don’t function as well. They are generally made from soy or other non-wheat components, and are not only difficult to work with, but also taste poorly.

Carbalose is as close to real flour as you can get without being real flour.

Carbalose is made through a unique process and contains enzyme-modified wheat, as well as plant fiber, wheat protein and some unique conditioners, enzymes and emulsifiers. Carbalose does not contain any soy protein, sugar-alcohols, dairy, animal-originated, trans-fatty, or saturated fat products.

19 grams of "Net Carbs" per 100 grams (approximately 1 cup).
    I'd give a few extra carbs for better flavor. for a comparrison, Soy has about 10 net carbs per cup. But who sits there and eats an entire cup of flour???
  • I say give it a try Let us know how you like it!
  • Hmm...I'll check it out.

can you make cookies with it?
  • It showed a recipe for chocolate chip cookies...along with LC chocolate chips!!
  • Thanks! Next payday I'll buy some. I was seriously wondering what I was going to do when it gets cooler and I want some warm cookies.