Favorite Summer Foods....

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • nectarines!!
  • zucchini says summer to me....... so do berries (esp. blueberries)
  • Caprese salad- love love. I grow a couple of different kinds of basil in my garden, so I change the tomatoes and herbs to keep it new and fresh and fun. I'm going to grow tomatoes next year, I can't wait to try new heirlooms. I love hamburgers. I'm working on going from open-faced burger to no bread at all, but honestly, I just love me some bread. Don't know if I can do it, LOL. I love popsicles in the summer, easy enough to go sugar-free on that one. Watermelon- chunked, soaked in lemon and frozen on a stick. Yum-my. Blueberries. Italian style pasta salad. Barbecue anything, but especially pork chops. I have to stop or I'm going to go nuts with the craving onslaught.
  • Oh, and pluots!! I could eat pluots until I burst.
  • watermelon, cantelope and anything grilled...
  • Jill have you ever tried to mixed full fat and reduced fat? I do that some except with the fat-free... but I know he will probably tell the difference if you use the fat free to mix.

I love fresh tomatoes and cottage cheese with a little salt!!!
  • Ok this is probably not a healthy food but cheap which is the name of the game with me lately...

Summer Spaghetti...

All you do is take some cooked and drained spaghetti (could use whole wheat or reg) and put it in a bowl...add 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive OIl, some Garlic Powder, Some Italian Seasonings and some grated parmesan. It is pretty light but still fills you and also gives you that cheese taste without being drowned in cheese sauce.
  • Steph that sounds sooooo yummy!!! I'll have to try that!
  • Sweet corn on the cob.

Watermelon (although it's an instant diuretic)

Potato salad. I can't eventhink about it without getting a wicked hankering.

Avocados with lemon, salt, and pepper.
  • Watermelon sounds sooooooooooo good right about now. I may have to buy me one tonight.
  • Quote: I love fresh tomatoes and cottage cheese with a little salt!!!
    You are the only other person I know who likes tomato and cottage cheese! I was wondering if you were out there! I was raised on cottage cheese, tomato, and chive- I haven't had it in forever though. Gotta get on that.
  • Mmm.. Cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums, watermelon, blueberries... Yumm pretty much every summertime fruit. I became addicted to the cherries when they went on sale. It is too bad they are one of the fruits that is higher in calories... hehe thats probably why I like them so much.
    Tomatoes, cucumbers, asparagus.. "fresh" tasting produce.
  • watermelon and anything with the word 'salad' in the name!
  • OMG -
    I just got on the frozen banana wagon - I was skeptical - I was like - no, this is never gonna work (though I love frozen grapes) and then I finally peeled a few and popped them in the freezer. Seriously I think I may have a banana attack. Its just like ice cream - its kinda creamy and cold and YUMMY. So grapes are the sorbet, Banana's are the ice cream.

How does the watermelon on a stick go? soaked in lemon - maybe I will have to jump that band wagon next!

yummy yummy (better than real banana's) is frozen banana's Ok I am clearly on a banana high
  • mmmmm I love those little cucumbers that you use to make pickles. I could eat cucumber sandwhiches till they come out of my ears.

And all of the fresh fruits like raspberries and strawberries and cherries... oh man the list can go on and on!