Yum..Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps

• I made this recipe last night and it was soo good! I made a few adjustments on the recipe...I added in some of those matchstick cut carrots, used cilantro and mint to garnish, used bottled ginger instead of fresh, and just sauteed the chicken instead of using a grill pan -oh, and only marinated for 1/2 hour. They are soo yummy and light and fresh tasting. Here is the recipe:

Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps

1 tablespoon canola oil
    1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
    1 tablespoon rice vinegar
    1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
    1 1/2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (such as Sriracha)
    1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    Dash of sea salt
    4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    Cooking spray
    8 Boston lettuce leaves (about 1 head)
    1 cup fresh mint leaves (about 10 ounces)
    1/2 cup bean sprouts (about 2 ounces)
    1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
    Chopped peanuts (optional)

Combine first 9 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Reserve 2 tablespoons oil mixture. Place remaining oil mixture in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken breast halves; seal and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from bag, and discard marinade.

Heat a large nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; grill 12 minutes or until chicken is done, turning once. Let stand 5 minutes before thinly slicing. Divide chicken evenly among lettuce leaves; top each lettuce leaf with 2 tablespoons mint, 1 tablespoon sprouts, and about 1 teaspoon reserved oil mixture. Serve with lime wedges. Garnish with chopped peanuts, if desired.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 wraps and 2 lime wedges)

CALORIES 265(32% from fat); FAT 9.3g (sat 1.3g,mono 4g,poly 3.1g); PROTEIN 40.7g; CHOLESTEROL 99mg; CALCIUM 47mg; SODIUM 363mg; FIBER 1g; IRON 2.2mg; CARBOHYDRATE 3.3g
    Cooking Light, JANUARY 2006
  • Yum - got to try this one - we're in love with the Lettuce Wraps at PH CHangs, and this sounds like a healthier version.

Thanks

Sue