does this really work?

• hi girls! i have been thinking about doing the south beach diet for quite some time now. does it really work? i am such a crave a holic and when i am told that i can't have anything, it makes me want it more, lol! i have about 25 pounds to lose. what do you think?
    gabrielbeth
  • We are at about the same place weight wise, although I gave up the goal of being 120 again (I am 38 and have 3 kids) . . . I think the South Beach Diet is a great diet but also a great way of life - I have about 20 pounds to lose too but will continue to eat like this after I lose the weight - healthy and easy to do and how I ate when I was skinny anyway! It is also super easy to do when you go out to eat, which I love to do and we do a lot of.

Basically you eat lean protein, veggies and fruits and no refined carbs, which is how we all should be eating anyway I think.

Hope you decide to try it - it has been the easiest diet I have ever been on (and I have been on many in the last 6 years losing all this pregnancy weight!)
  • When I first started this (about 4 1/2 weeks ago) I was really worried about the cravings and if I could really do it or not. I have lost 14lbs, my husband has lost about 25lbs and we have never felt better. I felt crappy for the first 4 days....I had a headache, I was crabby, tired, etc. But it went away! And the trade-off is awesome! I now have baggier jeans and clothes, not to mention the energy! After a visit with my mom, dad, and sister....they are all on SB now! It MUST be working!! Just jump in!