Get ready to Rumble

• Alright, I have 100 pounds to lose. Its June 28, 2006. Using low carb, lean protein, I can usually lose weight fast. Keeping it off for me is the hard part. I'll take any support I can get......Talk to you soon!!!! Check back with you later!!!

Jeff
  • Hi Jeff.... Glad to have you here. You can see there are others of us who also have/had 100 pound or more to lose! You can do it!
  • I let me son shave my head for winning all his little league games and when I saw the pic, it got me off the couch and I hope the few pics I took last time I lost 50 pounds (04), will keep me going! Thanks for the response,,,,

JEFF
  • Welcome Jeff

I had to laugh, what a great sport you are to let your son shave you head.
    I agree pictures are a great help. I have been taking photos at every 10lbs lost. I have been brave enough to post them, but I'll get there.

Good Luck on your weight loss journey. You'll love it here. Everyone is so great!
  • Quote: Alright, I have 100 pounds to lose. Its June 28, 2006. Using low carb, lean protein, I can usually lose weight fast. Keeping it off for me is the hard part. I'll take any support I can get
    That's where you need to focus. What is it about how you lose weight fast that doesn't set you up for long term success? I was a dieter for 20 years before I finally figured that part out. I could always lose weight, could never keep it off. Good luck!
  • Welcome!! I was going to ask the same question Glory did.

We have a lot of discussion around here about losing weight vs keeping it off. I am trying this time to do things now that I can do for life, rather than trying to lose as fast as possible (though I was never successful at that). So, I count calories, try to eat healthy and exercise more and more.

Either way, I would encourage you to think about how to keep it off from the beginning. We have a great resource -- our Maintainer's Forum -- a number of people who have kept off the weight. You don't have to be a maintainer to read OR post there!
  • Welcome, and best of luck to you! You're more than welcome to join us at the 100 Pound club...hope to see you there!
  • Welcome Jeff!! Come here often for support, a kick in the butt when needed or just a bunch of people who understand. When I struggle I look at before and after pictures and read about others success.

What a good sport about getting your head shaved! You must be very proud of him!! I have two baseball players....we got 2nd place and 3rd place.
  • Welcome Jeff and Congratulations on getting started. Good luck on your successful weight loss journey.
  • Hi Jeff~
    Welcome to 3FC!

This is a wonderful place to get a helping hand & ask for information whenever you need it.