Hello, I have a question

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi all,
    I'm new here, in fact this is my first post here.
    I was wondering if anyone knows a place to buy +size sport's gear in the UK (preferrebly in London).

Many thanks,

Shimi
  • Welcome shimi!

I'm a fellow Londoner, where abouts in London are you?

As for plus sized sports gear, Evans do have a sporty range, or you could try H&M they have a sports section and a plus size section, but not sure if the 2 overlap.

Oh and there's always e-bay!
  • I afraid I have no idea where to buy sports clothes in London, but I just thought I would say hi and
  • cheers for the suggestion
    Thanks for the reply 2frustrated. I live not far from Tower Bridge. I Just started dieting again (actually, I don't like the word 'diet' - it makes me stressed , lets call it healthy life style ) and I wanted to get a good sport's bra for exercise. I have been to the usual fatty clothes shops (Evans etc.) and the ones that pretend to be non-discriminating against bigger people like M&S and New Look but I couldn't find any. I guess I'll have to find one on the net.... the problem with buying clothes on the net is that you can't try it on first and I hate the returning process...

Anyways, thanks a lot for trying to help.

Cheers,
    Shimi
  • Thanks
    Hey Pachyderm,

Thanks for the welcome.
    good luck with your goal.

Shimi
  • soprts bras...
    www.lessbounce.co.uk (or .com..)

I've got a Panache one.. u can wear it as a top on its own (haha.. yeah right... not just yet anyway maybe one day well sumit to aim for)

i got some strechy toursers form M&S.. prob a few yrs ago.. they have had it really but wil do for now til i get some smaller ones.. .. and my top... MASSIVE t-shirt form evans.. got it a few sizes bigger so it looks like a famly of four could hapily live in it.. but covers my @rse.. ;0)

im nr islinton.. think there are a few london chicks here
  • oh HI!.. and welcome !
  • Have you tried Berlie Shock Absorber bras? I think they go up to at least an E cup, if not bigger. They are the greatest

You are very london aren't you? Tower Bridge...
  • Cheers guys,

Lou1978 this web site seems very good, have you ordered from them before?

Shimi
  • Hi and welcome!

I got a couple of Shock Absorber bras on eBay for £7.99 each (incredibly comfortable) - you need to browse around and check out all the sellers to get a good bargain. I think they are usually about £20 to £23 in the shops.
  • yup ive used less bounce before - a few times.. they are good.. no probs if u need to return anything

omg.. i wanna go home now!.. lol...
    goin to the gym to a class so no point in leaving too early.. might try n see if i can run on the treadmill could end up splatting myself against the wall haha..

the get together sounds good !...

talk soon
    lou x
  • Helloooo I know not alot about sports and clothes but I can say Hellooooo
  • Decathlon do big sizes in sports bras can't vouch for how supportive they are though. THey had them in sizes I didn't even know existed when I went in the other week don't know about london though and when I tried on my regular size it was huge so they obviously come up big too.
  • I just wanted to say Hi! and , but I dont know about ur question
  • I got my sports bras from Marks & SPencer 40E cup, no less!

Of coruse Evans do sports stuff as mentioned. Marks go up to 22 but you need a big size store to get the range. Next do stuff up to 20/22 but it is hard finding it in the shops but look online.