New Girl on the Block

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hey there everyone! thought i'd introduce myself. Im a 22 year old registered nurse from edmonton. My name is Bonnie. On june 1st i decided to start eating healthy and exercising, and so far i've lost 5 lbs. To put things into perspective, My goal is to lose almost 100 lbs. So I know i Have a LONG way to go, so I thought i'd check out this site for support. (actually a friend told me about it. He said I'd get tons of support) So far I see the stories and this site seems incredible to me.
    Please check out my blog www.in-all-honesty.blogspot.com for an inside look at my personal struggle to "becoming bootylicious" and feel free to comment, give advice, or whatever. Also feel free to add me to your blog!

I have decided that I need to get more active to kickstart my metabolism. A couple of weeks ago I bought a bike and have been riding it to work. I've also been takign the stairs at work (thats up 7 flights) I've also gone swimming a bit.. but this past week have been really in active due to my unfortunate bronchitis. Tomorrow I spontaneously got a day off so my goal is to be very active tomorrow. WISH ME LUCK!
    good luck on the journey ladies!!
  • Hi Bonnie and

I've just dusted off my bike recently as well. With all this excercise you certainly are headed in the right direction. Just be sure to take care of you when you are sick.

So far I've found that it is better for me to exercise almost every day. If I take off two days in a row I look for a butt kicking.

Good luck on your journey. You'll find lots of support here.

Jayde
  • Hi Bonnie, and welcome! Your friend was right.

And there are a lot of us here with large amounts of weight to lose! As well as many with just a little bit. We are all in this together, and so glad you are here.
  • Thanks ladies. I really feel so defeated as of late. My eating has been fine but like I said im having a hard time getting motivated to exercise again.. mostly either because im busy doing other things, or because i put it off. I am on day 23 of my "healthy eating/exercising" (i prefer not to say diet) and this is usually the time where i've given up in the past... i rarely make it more than a month. So.. I guess I just need that support and inspiration. Some days I feel like its totally useless and I don't feel any progress. But i know its not true cuz my clothes are fitting much better. i just can't wait for the day where my clothes are ridiculously too big and i can actually see a big difference.
  • So yesterday, as I indicated in my blog, was probably my worst day for eating healthy since i started on june 1st. I mean.. it wasn't a COMPLETE write-off... but I did have two hot dogs and did indulge in eating potatoe chips (satan's food). My mom was over and she was so sweet and gave me so much support.. she also brought me a fitness mag called "shape"... it was so cute. So last night I decided to go for a walk. On the way back, I decided that i would try jogging. So I jogged, then walked, then jogged, then walked, the whole way home. It was sooo hard. I HATE jogging.. but only because it winds me sooo much. But today i can feel it in my butt and thighs so thats a good sign! and even tho i was so discouraged, my jeans are still fitting very loose.. the butt is all saggy in them which while i don't like because it doesn't flatter my butt any, i DO like because it means i am gaining more room in my jeans!!

Today is our housewarming party. I am prepared to drink my water, stick to the diet coke, have a hamburger, eat the salads, and i bought some cherries so that i would pick at the chocolate covered almonds that are all over the house.
    Yay for me!! DAY 24!!!!!!!! WHOOOT!

• Hi bonnie Im glad that you found this site. I love it here it is a great help to give you that extra boost that you need. I am very new to my diet so new that my first real weigh in wont be until sat! hehe. Congrats on what you have already done. More then likely you will find stories here that give you that extra kick in the butt I know I sure did! And never worry when you have a bad day week or month dont ever write off your goals you can still get to them no matter what they are just a little ways away and closer everyday!
  • Hi Bonnie... nice going! Good for you and sounds as if you have found the "key" -- exercising whether you like it or not LOL. Just remind yourself that the goal is worth the price. I have to do that a LOT, especially now that summer is here as I do not like hot weather at all!

Welcome to you too, Brook! Glad you are here!
  • Hey Bonnie!
    I've got about 100 to lose too and am starting tomorrow. I've never been the most active person, but I'm going to start walking and see how it goes from there. Good luck and know that I'm out here pulling for you too!
  • Hi Newsnerd

Just want to encourage you in your walking plan! That is how I started out too when I just didn't have enough strength to do anything else. But I just did what I could, even though it was super painful because of back and shoulder pain, as well as plantar fasciatis. But it works! You will do great! I am amazed at how quickly my strength and abilitity has increased... LOL now I really haul butt when I walk and have also been doing water aerobics and other stuff. But go for it and just focus on what you CAN do and as you said, see how it goes from there. The important thing is to get started!
  • Hey Newsnerd! I totally agree with misti! Its soooo discouraging knowing you have 100 lbs to lose and you're only at the beginning and you don't know how long it will take.. you don't even know if you have it in you to do it. I am on day 25 and I dont' think i've ever gone this long eating healthy and exercising and drinking my 2 litres every day. I do have off days, of course.. like yesterday.. but today i made up for it.. you really gotta just take it a day at a time. But like misti said, start with the walking. It might feel really boring at first and like you have sooo far to go... but for me it just kinda became a stress release.. and kind of a hobbie. Are there any other activities you like? swimming?? i love to swim because it gets my heart rate up but i dont' feel the hot sweatiness of it. I hate sweating. I recently also bought a bike and got into that although it makes my butt hurt. Im still by no means an incredibly "active" person.. but even doing this little bit throughout the month has increased my confidence to do more active things. For instance now I'd love to try kayaking.. and i really would be into hiking (if i could i usually avoid it) but i'd like to start. Just do the littel things. Like take the stairs here and there instead of the elevator...

YOU CAN DO IT!! and keep in touch on my thread here!
  • Bonnie, I agree about the swimming, and also water aerobics. I can do so much and it is not draining or exhausting, yet gives a really good workout.
  • Goodluck Bonnie!!! Its Hard, Really Hard..but You Just Have To Keep Moving And Don't Loose Focus..remember Motivate Youself...like Blogging And Defitnitly This Website. Its Good To See That You Aren't The Only One Whose In This To Loose Weight. When I First Began My "change Of Life" I Weighed In At 299 ( I Am 25 Years Old) I Don't Want To Live The Rest Of My Life Big Like This So I Decided To Stop Worrying About Whose Looking At Me Go To The Gym..i Started Working Out More And I Joined Weight Watchers..so Far To Date I Have Lost 26 Lbs And I Am So Proud Of Myself The Feelign Is A Undescribable Feeling And I Still Have A Long Way To Go..but Much Much Luck To You..i Am Sure You Will Do Good

Heidi
  • Hi Heidi

Wow we have a lot in common... my high was 298 so like you I barely missed the 300 mark! And you are right too... I stopped worrying about who is looking at me. Sometimes it is hard to get out of the pool with my big old stomach hanging out there LOL with all the cute young chicks in their bikinis sitting there. But I just put my big T-shirt on as quickly as I can and get out there anyway!!! At least I am trying... and LOL too there are a LOT of fat women who bring kids out there but sit at the tables reading and eating huge bags of chips and stuff. At least I am in the water working out!!
  • OMg i hear you sister! (I mean about the stop worryinga bout what ppl think) .. i used to worry soo much that it would almost paralyze me with fear and i woudln't be caught DEAD in a pool or a gym or even a bloody tank top! But now i just tell myself.. even if they ARE thinking things about me.. i don't get to hear those thoughts... so why should it stop me? if all these skinny ppl are around me.. 1. they dont' know the REAL me. and 2. they can think what they want because maybe my problem is on the outside.. but they might have problems on the inside that i dotn' get to see. So ... i just think to myself.. im going to put on this bathing suit.. im going to walk to the pool.. yes my thighs are going to jiggle.. and yes ppl will probably look at me.. but guess what? im THERE DOING IT. im there trying to change and guess what else? im not doing it for them. Im doing it for me and they can go f* themselves if they care that much. LOL.. pardon the french.. but these litterally are the words i say to myself. lol...

ZSsweet03.... GOOD JOB on losing the 26 lbs..!! how long did it take you? Cuz right now i weight 237.. down from 248 which is what i weighed around january. Since the first of june i went from 242 to 237.. and that was when i weighed myself 2 weeks ago so i don't know what it is now.. but MAN... its coming off slowly and it can pick up speed ANY TIME. lol.. My biggest problem is i get very impatient and want to see big results fast.

Brookypooh.. how did the weigh-in go on saturday!?! Good job and don't give up!
    Thanks you guys for posting on my thread.. it helps to know that i have ppl pulling for me and i have to ultimately come back on here and tell you guys if im doing well or if i've fallen off the wagon.

Keep going!!
  • Yah and besides... the old saying is true... most of the time when we are worrying about what people are thinking about us, they aren't thinking about us at all!