Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-22-2006, 04:47 PM   #1  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

Cool "You're wasting away" :)

This past weekend, I saw my male cousin Shane (who should have been my brother). We lived next to each other until we were 6, and at 25 he now lives next to my parents. It was the first time I had seen him since before Christmas.

We hugged and talked about moving and life and such. And then, he looked at me funny and said something like "You're wasting away"! When I asked him who had told him that, he said "My own eyes" . I told him I have 24 pounds to go, but I was happy with the compliment

You can see my progress pics in the mini-goal-photoalbum at this link http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86644

Then he started asking me about what I was doing to help his wife, who has gained quite a bit of weight after her last pregnancy (to probably about the weight I was before I started losing). I gave him some suggestions and offered my advice IF and WHEN she is ready to hear it.

76 pounds down, 24 to go! Just the I needed.
Cardiomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/191/150

wow, I looked at your progress pic's it looks like you are doing real well WTG! You are 3/4 of the way there!
Nicklewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:01 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

What a great compliment. Thanks for sharing.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/199/150

Height: 5'8"

that was nice to hear wasn't it? Congrats.
smoochie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:01 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Yah what a neat compliment!!! Congratulations
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:22 AM   #6  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Congrats Lisa!! I took a look at your progress pics and all I can say is WoWzA - you look wonderful!! Continued success to you and thanks for being such an inspiration for us all.
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:06 AM   #7  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

That is great. And I saw your progress pics. I probably would have said the same thing.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:25 PM   #8  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

What a great compliment!

Great pics too, you've come a long where and worked had and it shows!
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

oh my gosh...cardiomonster....i can soooo see a huge difference in just the little bit of body that i see in the pics!!! awesome job!!

stacey...i too see what a great job you have done in your pics too.

and misti...you are beautiful!!! i love your pic!!! you are looking younger and younger !!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:36 PM   #10  
tye

how fabulous is that?? reading your posts and seeing your pic's completely inspire me.. now i have to figure out a mini goal...
tye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:48 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

That is awesome, compliments like that make you feel great!! You've done an awesome job and your pictures look great!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:24 AM   #12  
Registered Loser

S/C/G: 315/262/155

Height: 5'7"

Great post and congrats on your NSV! I'm new here and haven't had time to post much... BUT I wanted to say that my favorite part of your post is the bit about offering advice to your cousin's wife "IF and WHEN she is ready to hear it..." Like many of us here, I imagine, I have received unsolicited advice ad nauseum that did nothing but make me want to go curl up in bed with the biggest tub of Ben & Jerry's imaginable. Finally it was no one but myself that got me on a 'diet' - I mean that is ultimately who has to make that decision, right??? - and I have been on it for 2 full weeks with no cheating, slip-ups or desire to just throw in the towel!

I'm a long way from my ultimate goal - haven't even decided what that is yet - but women like you are truly an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!!!
lotusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote