Is anyone else freezing?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hey all this is my first time posting but I've been lurking for several months. I've lost 60 pounds in about 6 months. I've noticed lately that I'm freezing all the time.

Anybody else?
  • first of all I am starting to get cold a lot but I have not lost near the weight that you have. On the other hand I have lost that much weight before (more on that later lets just say starting over) and I know I was freezing all the time. I think it is loosing all the insulation that fat gave us, I think that the body will readjust after a while.

Trish
  • There's a thread about this in the Maintenance forums:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86484

I lost 68 lbs and I am cold all the time! I never thought I would hate air conditioning.
  • Have your doctor do some bloodwork & check your iron levels. Oh & welcome.
  • I am cold too
    From what I've heard from others in the same boat, it's normal when you start to lose your "insulation." I too am cold a lot of the time when others aren't.

DNR
  • Welcome, Analystbyday!

Yep, I'm another who feels the cold much more than I used to.
  • I definitely feel the cold a lot more too!
  • I am not new to this group just have not been around alot lately i have a girlfriend that is doing weight watchers she is 4 pounds away from goal as of today and has lost over 60 pounds and she is cold all of the time she keeps saying that if you are cold you are lossing weight i just think she has lost all of her insulation LOL
  • I've lost 40 lbs and I get cold a lot easier and more often too.
  • I'm always a bit cold, but I was A LOT colder when I lost a lot of weight before.
  • Thanks!
    Thank you all for letting me know I'm not crazy.

I thought it would have something to do with the whole insulation thing, but then I thought how much I still have left.

I guess it make sense since almost 95% of my weight loss has all been upper body (not the arms though unfortunately). And they say that if your core is cold, that's what makes you feel cold . . .or something like that.

Thanks Again!!!
  • Welcome. I used to be that way when I lost my weight. Of course now I'm pregnant and have that instant heater going on inside. I'm constantly asking them to turn the air up for me since I burn up!!!!
  • Hi!

I have lost 50 pounds and am sitting here at my laptop with a t-shirt, long-sleeved silk underwear, a turtleneck, AND a cable-knit zipped sweater on as well as jeans, polar fleece socks AND my fuzzy slippers. My hands are freezing, and I am thinking about making myself yet another cup of coffee! Our house is always around 72 degrees, and the only difference is ME and my weight loss! It really seems weird to be cold because for thirty years I have always been the one who ran around with her coat open even in the winter. One good thing is that I can now sport the layered look without feeling like I am suffocating!

Cheryl
  • Wait a sec! Dawnyal, did I miss something????

Edited to say: Oh, just noticed the date on your post. Whew!!
  • I'm always cold now, but since I just "re-started" my weight loss journey I have to atrribute it to getting older not losing insulation.