Weight Loss and Blogging

• I'm sure there has been a post about this before.. but I was wondering how many of you guys actually blog ABOUT weight loss? I have two different ones (three if you count the one on myspace, but I usually just use that to post pictures..) one for my everyday, keeping in touch with friends things and then another for diet, food, and fitness related stuff.

Like posting here, I've found that keeping a food/exercise log in ADDITION to a blog about the issues and ups and downs is good way for me to stay focused and honest with myself. Also, I really enjoy reading other people's blogs about their weight loss journeys. Most of my friends are either skinny or not concerned with their health, so reading the posts here and the blogs is a way for me to kind of connect with people in similar situations.

So... I was just wondering how many of you actually keep up-to-date (like, more than once a month posting) blogs or know of any good weight loss blogs?
  • I have a blog, but it isn't just weight loss, I blog about everything, Ive always kept a journal so it just kinda helps me sort my thoughts and keep me from getting too stressed out
  • I try to blog, but never can keep up with it, but its usually combine thought about everything.
  • Quote: I have a blog, but it isn't just weight loss, I blog about everything, Ive always kept a journal so it just kinda helps me sort my thoughts and keep me from getting too stressed out
    Same here, kinda. I try not to put too much weight-loss stuff on my Myspace journal (my only online journal, currently) because I know most everyone I know is either of normal weight and/or unconcerned with weight loss and the corresponding body issues. That's what this forum is for! But when I do something great or horrible, I will usually mention it there. For example, I somehow gained three pounds in one day, and tomorrow is my weigh-in day, so today all I have been eating is fruit and crackers, and drinking only water. I don't think I mentioned it on my Myspace journal, because this is neither good nor bad. But my having walk 70.5 miles in 14 days, I did put in my journal.

Yeah, I am compulsive. I also have a paper journal, and I record things like how long I waited for the bus, what the weather is doing, outfits I would like to make, etc -- writing is a compulsion of mine!
  • I keep a journal also but mostly it's about my whole life in general. Which does involve some WL posts. I wouldn't know how to begin to keep seperate journals all the time it would be too hard.
  • my blog is as often as i post here. usually daily, although there are often times i have gone for up to 5 days without posting. depends on what i have to say.

i try to focus just on weight loss, fitness, etc. the whole point of starting the web log for me was to document my weight loss and health.

There is a forum on here just for blogs Share your Diet Blog that has a few good ones.

I have some links on my blog that are good, regularly updated blogs about weight loss, life, whatever. There are so many out there it is hard to keep up with them - but i have a few favorites that i frequent.
  • I actually made one of the 3fc journals, although they kind of confuse me.. i have an lj for my regular life, maybe I'll make one of those instead. One thing I know is that I like th talk (ha!) and the more I talk about what I have done, etc, it is easier for me to keep going!

Anyone use a 3fc journal thingy besides me?
  • Quote: Anyone use a 3fc journal thingy besides me?
    i gave it a go but found it a little difficult to navigate and just gave up. i prefer having a little more creative licence with blogspot.
  • My blog is for weight-loss related stuff, but I haven't updated it in a long time. I need to get back to it, because it does certainly help me stay focused on my biggest goals!
  • http://flurogoddess.livejournal.com

It's mainly about health and fitness and kickboxing!!! That's because it's all I do! I update most weekdays and take weekdays off.

You can also try www.skwigg.com she has a great blog about extreme athletiscism and dogs!
  • My blog is entirely about my weight loss.

http://babyrunner.blogspot.com

I update it daily....and try to keep it positive. I find if I get in a rut being able to go back and read about being on track helps to motivate me.