Steel Magnolias -- # 16

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Good Morning, Flowers! It's a cloudy COLD day in my corner of the world. Bob and Jason headed up to the lake to put the boat hoist in and finish new plumbing in the old shower. MIL thinks she wants to have a handyman put vinyl tiles in the bathroom and Bob doesn't think the floor is level nor strong (?) enough to mess with. She's bound and determined so he told her to have at it! I'm doing laundry and going through a pile of pictures trying to organize them by date. My camera dates them, but the digital pictures the kids have taken don't so I am guessing on those.

We leave for MN next Saturday and this will be a crazy week. Bob has a meeting in Des Moines on Tuesday so will go down Monday night. There is a huge new mall there and I would love to go along except that I should stay home and keep working on my 'to do' list. Wednesday he is playing in a golf tournament to represent the nursing home/assisted living/ independent living facility he is on the board for. They really had to twist his arm to do that -- NOT. Meanwhile he has his tractor torn apart in his farmer friend's shop and would like to get it put back together before we leave. Somewhere in there he needs to show up at the office and we need to pay a visit to MIL.

"Gma" -- We do live away from the main part of town and when this area was developed the original lots on the lake and across from the lake were staggered so that each house would have a view of the lake. Before it was included in the city limits, there were rules about lawn and garden buildings, etc., which have now gone by the wayside. All of our older neighbors keep their windows closed so they can't hear the racket going on behind us. The back neighbors don't hear anything because their garages are on each side of the noise. They are a piece of work no doubt about it. Beth babysat for them when they first moved in and she would come home reeking of cigarette smoke. I'd make her take her clothes off out in the garage before I'd let her come in and take a shower. Yuck! I'm glad T's party was a success! I knew it would be. It's too bad that people say they are coming and don't have the courtesy to call when they know they aren't going to make it.

The dryer is buzzing so I am off! Have a nice day!

Jean --