Help! I've plateaued for good!

• I had a baby last summer. I started WW on Halloween and have lost all but 5 lbs of the weight. I have been stuck for over a month. I'm going to the beach with friends on FRIDAY and wondered if anyone had a suggestion to lose a few lbs by then. I'll try anything!
  • I also plateaued at 5 lbs. from goal for about a month. Finally saw 2 more lbs. gone this week. I had to just quit weighing everyday , it was too depressing. I really didn't do anything different, it just finallly came off.
  • the only sure way I know to lose a few pounds in a few days is to cut off an appendage... and I don't think you want to do THAT!

But more seriously, check that you really are eating what you think you're eating (that is, are you measuring your food?) and try to get enough exercise and then enjoy yourself on Friday, but think about whether you really want to go off plan (I try to stay on plan)...

If you're trying to lose the weight for good then you just need to give it time. Your friends will be thrilled to see you AND the baby.
  • Since you are 5 pounds from your goal, what you are now experiencing is how hard the last 5-10 pounds are. They don't come off like the rest of the weight-you really, really have to work for them, and they come off slow. You most likely are not going to lose the last 5 in a month, I have to say.

When you get down to this point-the last bit really takes its time-often 1/2-1 pound a month.

Just be patient.
  • Quote: Since you are 5 pounds from your goal, what you are now experiencing is how hard the last 5-10 pounds are.
    Oh boy, are they ever. It's gonna take me another year just to lose the last 10, lol.

I've increased my exercise, though, so hopefully that helps. But it's very slow-going. Which I fully expected. I'm not too worried about it, as long as I don't start gaining again.