What do you eat?

• I was wondering what everyone ate throughout the day. I need some ideas.

Thanks!
  • you could try checking other peoples FitDay accounts. I do that A LOT.

But typically:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with cut up berries or a 2-egg omelet filled with veggies (usually, bell pepper, spinach, and broccoli) and a laughing cow wedge, cooked without oil on a nonstick pan.

Morning snack: Fruit

Lunch: Leftovers of whatever I had for dinner the night before

Afternoon snack - high fiber crackers and laughing cow garlic-herb reduced fat cheese wedges

Dinner - Usually a balanced, 450 cal or so meal with at least a cup and a half of veggies, 4-5 oz protein, and a 150-175 cal portion of the starch of my choice. Last night, for example, we had cheese and spinach chicken, a cup of cooked couscous, and both green beans and english peas. Tonight is a stirfry with 4 oz shrimp, broccoli, chard, spinach, cabbage, and carrots over 3/4 cup of brown rice.

Dessert - My favorite is grilled pineapple, topped with some rainbow sherbet. Or I have single portion size rainbow sherbet or vanilla ice cream cups (150 cals each) that hit the spot for the evening sweet tooth.
  • Lets see...today I didnt do to well but here's what I have had so far...

Breakfast
    Kashi Oatmeal with 1/2 bananna cut up in it

Snack
    Kashi Trail Mix Bar

Lunch
    6 inch Turkey Sub on wheat, no mayo
    1 cup clam chowder

Snack
    1 Cup Natural Applesauce with cinnamin.

Dinner will be

2 slices veggie delight pizza from papa murpheys

I was sick with strep for 2 week and it just came back yesterday so Im not really up to cooking right now and Im very tired.....which is why I have been eating out today. I'm still trying to make pretty good choices.
  • Here's what I eat

Breakfast: Protein shake, ingredients vary but I try to keep it around 200 cals

Snack: peice of fruit or some veg

Lunch: Lean protein + whole grain + veg and fruit i.e. Whole wheat pita with hummus and a little chicken, a big spinach salad, and some strawberries.

Snack: a few nuts or a kashi bar

Dinner: Most always a chicken dish of some kind with brown rice, whole wheat bread, quinoa (etc) and a LOT of veggies... we always have fruit for dessert

Hope that helps!
  • Breakfast - 3 x ryebread toast with vegemite, or 2 x apple with 200gm tub ff yoghurt, or muesli with yoghurt or porridge, or weetbix with hot water or crumpits with jam

morning snack - at work usually a dozen mixed unsalted nuts or corncakes with vegemite

lunch - sandwiches (usually salad, sometimes curried egg) on rye, yoghurt & berries, this week I made a batch of savoury pumpkin crumbles and have been having those for lunch.

afternoon snack - apple or more nuts and sometimes I spoil myself with a biscuit.

dinner - I try and just keep this one balanced...but I don't usually have a traditional "dinner" as such...I mean friday night I had 500gm low-fat natural yoghurt with berried mixed through it lol. Sometimes a soup or stew...tonight's menu is Kangaroo steak

and i'll usually have something small with my evening chamomile tea....homemade fruit muffin or maybe a slice of toast.
  • Typical "good" day. Boring, but easy.

Breakfast: 1.75 c Optimum slim cereal ~300 cal
    Lunch: 4 Frozen chicken fingers (Tysons) ~400
    Snack 1: MET-RX Protein Plus bar ~300
    Snack 2: 1.5 c OS Cereal ~300
    Dinner: 4 chicken fingers ~400
    Big bowl of frozen veggies ~100
    Snack: MET-RX Protein Plus bar ~300
    Snack: 1.5 c OS Cereal ~300

Total: ~2500 cal
    46% Carbs, 25% Fat, 30% Protein
  • Breakfast: 3/4-1 cup of egg whites and some fruit (grapefruit or an orange) OR Naked Protein Shake
    Lunch: Spinach salad with shredded chicken breast and homemade vinagerette OR smaller version of salad and some tomato based soup.
    Dinner: Fresh vegetable juice and some lowfat cheese slices OR veggies (mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, and zucchini) tossed in spaghetti squash and tomato sauce. Sometimes I throw a half cup of pasta, but not normally. During the summer I will throw some tomatos and chive on some cottage cheese with an advocado (lemon, salt and pepper) on the side.

Snacks: citrus fruit or banana, raw veggies, popcorn, yogurt, granola bar... ALWAYS a few pieces of dark chocolate thrown in

That's during the week. The weekends are a whole different story.
    • Breakfast: 1 cup honey bunches of oats cereal (it was on sale, but at least it's whole-grain, despite the sugar ) with 1 banana sliced and skim milk ~ about 400 cals
    • Snack: sandwich--2 slices light whole-wheat bread (with Omega-3--make by Healthy Life) with 1 T no-sugar-added strawberry preserves and 1 T natural peanut butter (as in the ONLY ingredient is peanuts) ~ 180 cals
    • Lunch: SmartOnes chicken and veggies frozen meal (the Turth About Carbs line, either Chicken Santa Fe or Sweet N Sour Chicken) ~ 140 cals
    • Snack: sandwich--2 slices light rye bread with lettuce, red onion slices, 1.3 teaspoons fat-free thousand island dressing, 1 slice Swiss cheese, 2 slices ham, and 1 slice turkey ~ 195 cals

Dinner varies, but with only 915 calories during the day, I have a lot of options for dinner. If I don't have too many calories at dinner, I may also have a smoothie at night (frozen strawberries, 1 banana, and skim milk, sometimes with fat-free cool whip).