Alternachicks at the movies!

You're on Page 7 of 7
Go to
  • Movie update!

The last few weeks the boy & I watched:

Night at the Museum - Now I normally HATE Ben Stiller, and normally don't go for purely silly movies (unless it is Monty Python or something), but I really enjoyed this one. It was really silly, but a lot of fun. Maybe because it was a kids/family movie, I just went with it. It made me smile.

Spiderman 3 - Blah! I didn't like this one. I liked the last 2. This one was too long, and was just lacking a decent storyline. Granted it had like 3 different subplots going, but it felt like too much without enough substance.

Eragon - So not impressed with this one. I am wondering if the book was better. Visually there was some cool stuff, but I just couldn't get into it at all. Actually we ended up making fun of it through most of the movie. It seems to borrow heavily from other movies/stories.

Charlotte's Web - I loved this one! It was the "new" live action version. It was great! I have always loved this story. Julia Roberts was perfect as Charlotte. Actually I thought all of the voices were great, and fit the characters. I was just happy I didn't cry at the end, though it was close...
  • been a bit. we saw Hot Fuzz. It was fun and enjoyable, though I still prefer Shawn of the Dead.
    Bridge to Terebithia - I guess it'd be okay if you didn't read and love the book. I though they did a disappointing job at it. But it was still a fun kids movie.
    The Illusionist - it was good. i don't think i'd watch it again though. not a Jessica Biel fan.
  • I saw Pirates 3 this weekend. In general, I thought it was a good movie. It was fun & silly. A bit long, but it went by ok. My only complaint was there was simply not enough Johnny Depp. He does have a decent role, but the plot was much more focused on other characters. I did enjoy it though.
  • We have been watching a decent amount of movies lately, both new ones and lots of DVDs. In the last few weeks we saw:

Oceans Thirteen - I liked it. It was fun. Nothing deep, but a great summer
    movie.

Ratatouille - I loved it. It was adorable. We watched the Incredibles the next day since I still hadn't seen that one either. I liked that one too.

The Holiday - It was rather predictable but not bad for a chick flick. I like Kate Winslet & Jack Black quite a bit. Jude Law was cute, and I didn't want to smack Cameron Diaz by the end - which is better then most times. There is something about her that normally grates my nerves, but I actually kinda liked her in this.

Children of Men - I hated this movie, but only because it made me really sad. It is actually a very well done film. And normally I am ok with movies that aren't happy, but this one just made me way too sad. Not something I can watch again, mostly due to the violence. I do recommend it.

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead - This was really silly. It is a spin off of sorts of Hamlet. I enjoyed Tim Roth & Gary Oldmen. I liked most of it. I actually didn't love the "players" but liked everything else. Granted now the boy keeps quoting random lines to me.

Bruce Almighty - I laughed once. At the end. I liked Morgan Freedman, but that was pretty much it.

The U.S. vs. John Lennon - A decent documentary, but most of it I had known before. But I always find John Lennon fascinating.

I think we are going to see Transformers tonight, because I am a kick *** girlffiend. I don't really care about seeing it, but the boy really wants to so I told him we could go the day it came out.
  • What is it about boys and those Transformersr? My hubby can't figure why I'm not interested in seeing it - LOL! I told him he would enjoy it more if he went with his friends instead.

I want to see Ratatouille too, it looks really cute.
  • I am hoping that DH takes our son to see Transformers, and NOT me.
  • Ok, the boy and I went to see it last night, and to be honest - it wasn't that bad. It wasn't all that great for me, but there are worse ways to spend 2 & 1/2 hours. It was rather silly/funny in some bits, which I was grateful for. The special effects for each of the transforming scenes I thought were done well. I had some issues with some of the fight scenes. I thought it was a bit blurry, and not always easy to tell exactly what was going on.

Now, I wouldn't go see it again, but it wasn't too bad.

Besides now he has to come with me to see Across the Universe when it comes out in September. And that one I can't wait for!