Sticking With It

You're on Page 11 of 26
Go to
  • All hail Queen Angel-Eyes!!!!

Well good evening everyone! Hope you have all had a fabulous day. I had a really heavy workout at work today because we unloaded a shipment and worked on it for a little while. I didn't make my anniversary goal, but I'm ok with that because I haven't been adding on the weight. Today was our anniversary (2 years ). We had to work all morning and then went out for a couple drinks (well I only had 1) after work. We aren't going out to dinner though until next Tuesday cause my hubby is having some serious jaw pain right now and he wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

Potato-We still have the snacks around, but I rarely get into them now. I think I've had BBQ fritos twice since we got back.

I think I may float away with how much water I've had to drink over the last few days!
  • We just got back, we went down to the ocean to watch the storm come in. The waves are really big!! Felt really good out there. I insisted if we were going to walk on the beach we had to walk at least a mile. So we did. So I at least got my exercise in. That's twice this week!

Happy Anniversary Hpnotq!! Tell your hubby we all wish him a quick recovery. I guess he must go to the Dentist. Ugh!!
    Its been a while since I had BBQ Fritos. My favorite is Fritos and Bananas. umm umm Good!!

KKitty, I hope you get to feeling better. I hate being sick. But you are right at least you don't eat as much when you are sick.

Queen Angel Eyes - Thou humble servant believeth that thine Queens head hast become bigger than thy crown!!

I Love It!!

Potato
  • Tommorow morning my gym is having a nutrition class. Not sure what new info they'll have but I signed up for it.....lets call it reinforcement!!! oh I forgot.....when I was passing a step class this morning at the gym....a fellow member said she didn't recognize me. And I'm thinking....its my bedhead, its my no makeup, its my rundown outfit....no!!! she didn't recognize me because I look sooo good!!! I swear, thats what she said. And then the instructor said..."thats because she comes EVERY DAY to work out!!!" I almost died, but then flashed a huge smile. And here I thought I was just a fly on the wall and nobody was noticing me !!!

And yes he'll have to go to the dentist....after we pay off our bill there. I'm hoping to be able to do that in a couple weeks. He's been getting by on leftover antibiotic, pain killer and anbesol. Hopefully it'll help a little.
  • That's great angel-eyes!!! Keep up the good work
  • I'm thinking of changing that first 10 lbs goal to July 1st...yall think I can do it by then? I've been doing this since early May and only have 5 lbs off...and I've failed my mini goal not once but twice.
  • aaahhh!!! Queen Angel Eyes this has been a great week for you!!
    You deserve a group hug!!

Hpnotq, that is only 18 days away. Its possible but you will have to cut out alot of calories a day to see that happen. If you are willing then I believe you can do.

I'll have to look and see about the BBQ Fritos I haven't looked for it so I haven't paid any attention. But I know I've had some before so I'm sure I can get it. Are you wanting me to mail it to you? So let me make sure I understand. You can't get it. But I have it. Ummm? Oh the price of BBQ Fritos just went up!!

Potato
  • Good morning all!

Well the storm so far isn't much around here but it at least it has cooled things off.

I hope everyone has a great day. I plan on getting some exercise in today. We have friends coming in tomorrow so I have to prepare for there visit. I think I'll exercise first or I'll just put it off.

Write later.
    Potato
  • Yes Potato...that's where I'm headed with it! Those things are my hubby's favorite snack foods...and since he's a picky eater I'll do it to get the snacks for him lol. 18 days to take off 5 lbs...well frankly I'm not going to get my hopes up because i haven't lost a ton of weight since I started. I just wanna get under that 300 mark...that would make my day
  • Hypnotq- I totally support you in your goal to try to lose 10 pounds by July 1st, as long as you super extra promise not to be terribly upset or discouraged if you happen to fall a couple pounds short.

Queen Angel Eyes!- I hope her majesty enjoys being royal these next 2 days, cause I'm about to take the crown !!!

I'm getting kind of down I'm temping right now and I hate it, I don't want to get a 'real' job cause I don't know what it is I want to do when I grow up, it changes almost daily and i don't want to make a commitment to a company, just to back out in a few months, and be like "o, never mind". My bf and I can't stop fighting. I've increased my exercise from ~4.5 hrs a week to ~7 (Per my Personal Trainers advice) At the same time, I've dropped my calories from 1800 to 1500 a day (Also per PT's advice) and for what!? For a measely pound after two weeks. Granted it's the first time the scales moved since Feb, but I'm so TIRED. and i have NO TIME to do anything but work and exercise. It's getting really hard to think it'll all pay off in the end. I'm also starting to think, even if I do lose the weight, is it worth running myself down like this?

Sorry. Fighting with bf (which has been going on for over a month) has started to give me a defeatist attitude. I'll buck up eventually, but for now, I'm just going to be sad
  • Hey girls....How is everyone today? Had a great workout yesterday and then attended that Nutrition seminar. He was full of information but not very much common sense to it. He was very well spoken but was very medical and refered to the chemical name for the breakdown of foods, substances, and affects in the body. You know....term mumbo jumbo....we were a group of Mom's wanting to know how to lose weight. Not zenerythym, adiposal, or subluxation!!! huh?? He did have some excellent tips on the best foods to feed your body/brain.....raw blueberries,raw almonds,spinach and fresh salmon to name a few. He gave a formula about how much water to drink....and it was.....body weight divided by 2. Easy.....that is how much plain water to drink (not tea, not crystal lite etc) It was REALLY GREAT to hear that I'm doing all the right things, and knew of most of the topics he spoke about. SO THATS GOOD!!! Now to just do it and lose the weight!!!

Potato....How is the storm developing down there? I haven't heard any news. Hope things are not amounting up to the storm of the year!! tc

Off to the gym again in a few minutes.....Have a great day!!!
  • Amber....sorry we were posting at the same time......
    With working out more, come more muscle fatigue. With the 7 hours your pt has suggested.....does that include a day off? Your muscles need time to repair themselves. Also....with that much excercise, no doubt you are building MORE muscle WHICH weighs more than fat. More lean muscle is what you want though....to burn more energy. So you are doing all the right things but.....issues with bf are bringing you down!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!!
  • Fridays I always take off, to rest for my big run on Saturdays *gulp* this week is DUN DUN DUUUUUUN 10 miles. And Sunday I'm usually pretty slack cause I'm tired from the day before, but I try to fit in an hour of pilates with my roomie, the **** Pilates instructor who likes to torture me with things she just wants to 'try out' before she makes her class do it.

I enjoy the exercise, and how it makes me feel. It just seems to be all I do. There never seems to be time to do anything else.
  • Good Morning Ladies,

Good Morning Queen Angel-eyes, glad to hear you had such a great workout yesterday. I bet it felt good to hear that you are doing all the right things. Now you just need to hurry up and wait. I'm with you on all the medical garble. I just want to know what works in plain terms please.

Amber-Big for you. Hang in there.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • Good morning everyone.

Weather here is fine. I don't think we had much of anything as far as storm but it was nice to get some rain.

I found out yesterday that my dh and I will be going to Jacksonville to be youth counselors for our church youth. The associate pastor (our son) can't make it so DH is taking his place.

We are going to Trinity college for "Youth Alive" conference and camp. I love it. My oldest son was called into the the ministry at "youth alive" when he was 16. (he's now 26) Then my youngest son went to "youth alive" when he was 15 and was called into the ministry.(he's now 17) Its a great camp to help kids understand what God has planned for there lives and what direction they should take. I look forward to it.

Anyway, we leave Friday and come back the following Friday. Donna was coming to Panama City Friday after her cruise and we were going to meet up Sat. It looks like I will miss her arrival. I hate that because I thought it would be neat to meet someone from the group. Let her know what happened when she gets back.

I did awful yesterday. Very little water drinking. I bought some Crystal lite. I think drinking it got me off track. I drank more
    Crystal lite than water but craved sweets bad!! I struggled all day. I think I will go back to drinking water and use Cystal lite as a treat like Angel33 suggested. The kind I got was strawberry kiwi. On my diet I am not allowed Fruits, or F.juice. except at reward meals but since there is no real juice in it I figured it was okay. I'm not sure now since I craved sugar all day. Maybe it was just in my head.

Hpnotg, I forgot to look for your Fritos yesterday but I will do it today and let you know what I find.

Potato