Too nauseated to eat, too weak not to eat.

• This has been my problem today. I woke up at 5am to head to work (McDonald's, today was my second day), thought about grabbing some breakfast before I left.... nope. I felt like I was going to puke, just thinking about eating.

Fast-forward 5 1/2 hours, I'm on my break. I brought a bran muffin and one of my lite carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (both homemade and DELICIOUS, by the way). Half-way through the bran muffin (168 calories), I started feeling like I was going to throw up. I finished it because I was feeling a bit weak from all the running around. I couldn't force myself to eat the carrot cupcake.

I'm still feeling nauseated, and this is 10 hours after the feeling began. I've eaten 168 calories, and probably burned well over 500 (I was working the grill, running all around the food prep part of the restaurant getting everything where it needed to be. Our lunch rush started at 10:30am and was still going when I left work at 2:07pm. I was on the move the entire time). I'm feeling weak, but I just can't get myself to eat. I don't even feel hungry.

Any ideas on what I can do to make this better?
  • Listen to your body, sometimes I find I just don't need to eat, maybe you are coming down with a sickness? Fresh fruit, veggies, toast maybe? Eat light until your body settles down. I remember once I felt kind of ill, and just couldn't eat, it lasted for 2 days, and I kept up swimming and everything normal. Drink lots of water!

-Aimee
  • Not to be too personal, but is there any chance you could be pregnant?

That was how I KNEW each time I was pregnant--- I got weak, tired and nauseated

Regardless of the cause, eating plain crackers can sometimes help
  • Quote: Not to be too personal, but is there any chance you could be pregnant?

That was how I KNEW each time I was pregnant--- I got weak, tired and nauseated

Regardless of the cause, eating plain crackers can sometimes help
    I was thinking the same thing...
  • hahaha, no way I could be pregnant unless it was Jesus returning (I'm a virgin).

I'm definitely going to eat some crackers, though. That's a very good idea.
  • I hope you feel better soon. Crackers should help as well as ginger-ale.
  • take a gravol and let your body sleep!!! your probably coming down with some type of flu...listen to your body and let it rest!
    hope you feel better soon...being sick is "such a waste of time"
  • Sorry to hear..you are probably just coming down with something. But on another note those muffins sound good. Any chance of posting a recipe?
  • I just got over a terrible stomach flu, throwing up for hours, and just feeling gross and tired...couldn't eat anything... it lasted for about 3 days till I could actually do things again. Hang in there and feel better!!!
  • Quote: I hope you feel better soon. Crackers should help as well as ginger-ale.

Every time I got sick, my mother gave me saltines and 7-up. To this day, I can't eat a saltine or drink 7-up without feeling a bit nausiated.
  • Quote: Sorry to hear..you are probably just coming down with something. But on another note those muffins sound good. Any chance of posting a recipe?
    Sure! I'll post the recipe momentarily.
  • awww feel better