Question about fit day

• I just started to use fit day and am still getting used to it. How would add something like a stir fry that you made yourself? For example last night I made a veggie stir fry I know what I put in it and how many servings I ended up with but is there a way to put that into fitday and get the calorie info or do I need to put in each thing seperate?
  • That's what kept me from using Fitday for a long time - I make a lot of meals from scratch which means it's a total pain in the tushie to add a meal the first time you make it.

It depends what I'm making, sometimes I'll put in each ingredient separately. But, if it's something I plan to make a lot, I get all the ingredients together and sit down with the online calculator and an Excel spreadsheet. I make columns with the major Fitday categories (calories, fat, protein, carbs, etc). Then, I enter each ingredient. At the bottom of each column, I sum the totals and then add the big total. I enter the numbers into Fitday for the entire meal and when I enter what I eat for the day, I say .5 or .25 or however many servings it made.

I've heard that the version you buy has a much better feature for custom recipes but online Fitday isn't too bad, it's just annoying the first time you make something.
  • Here's what I do:

I go to a fresh day (like tomorrow) and enter in each individual ingredient. Then, the day's totals represent the totals for the recipe, so all you have to do is create a new custom food ("My Stir-fry" or something) with those totals.
  • Thank you that worked out very well.
  • We made stir-fry the other day and I just entered each thing separately. LOL Then again, I too am new at using it. I guess I learned something new now!