Welcome, Featherweights!

You're on Page 18 of 38
Go to
  • I just found this section, phew, a place I belong in. I have lost 15 pounds with another 15-20 to go. I'm looking forward to getting back on track!
  • Mercy ...
  • Thanks Ilene
  • I can't agree anymore. I have joined this forum yesterday, and was wondering what others will say if I cry over my 26 pounds to lose. But now I am glad I found an apt forum for me. I'm 27 and married with no children. I weigh 73kgs now and my GP has advised me to shed almost 12-15 kgs because I am diagnosed with a not-so-small cyst in my ovary. We were planning for a baby next year. I don't know yet, if its possible. I hope to find support and advice from this forum. I know, I will.

Thanks for being there..!
  • hi, i started excercising callanetics again. i used to do it about 15 years ago. i don't know why i ever stopped. many repeats of very gentle movements and so easy on your spine. still need to do more cardio, but since i lost my jogging buddy i can't get myself to just wake up in the morning and go for it. any suggestions how to overcome this?
  • lekshmiprasanth and focus
  • hello all!
    Hello all!! My name is Danielle and I just wanted to introduce myself. I saw this forum and figured it'd be the best place for me to start because I am only looking to lose 15 pounds. I'm currently in my 3rd year of pharmacy school and thanks to pharmacy school I've put on 15 pounds over the last 2 years due to many long nights of intense studying. I need to find another way of staying awake other than stuffing myself for hours on end. I hope I have time to check out these forums time and again because any motivation I can get from you guys would be awesome! Best of luck to everyone!!

~D~
  • Hi Danielle

I'm new too, I've gained a few extra pounds over the summer and hoped to get the inspiration I need to lose them. It's getting harder to do as I get older.

I hope you find the help you need on here
  • Danielle and AR4life
  • Hi everyone!

I have a little bit more than 20 lbs. to lose (23.6 to be exact), but this forum seems perfect for me. I feel bad talking about my weight loss in other forums where people are trying to lose a lot more than me.

I'm a nursing student and I start my first round of clinicals in January, which means a lot more stress and a lot less time to focus on myself. I'm working really hard now (while I have the time) to establish better eating and exercise habits and take off the weight in the process!

Good luck to everyone!!
  • Hi girls.. I feel the same way.. I need to lose 10-15 punds in order to be on my ideal weight.. I'm currently on day 5 of SBD - Phas e1 and so far so good.. The only problem I seem to have so far is that I cannot get myslef to work out.. any advise on how to keep me motivated to get up and do domething???
  • Very smart to have a forum for us featherweights :-) I just joined today - I have 36lbs to go to my goal weight.
  • Hi Serenity8675 anotherchickonadiet chrissie140lb to the Feathers
  • Hello, everyone! I think the time has come for me to join the crew. I'm 42, married, one DS10, and I'm a quality engineer for a solar module company. I've spent all of 2009 so far losing 23 pounds, and now that I'm approaching what I set as a goal, I have no real idea of where I'm going to end up. 5 more? For sure. 10? Dunno. I have not embraced the exercise at this point - I have a lot of muscle to build and that's going to do some odd things to the scale too. I've posted in some of the support forums and I lurk in many more. It is clear that there's a big difference between the discussions that you have here, and the ones taking place in the 100+ forum or even in the general weight loss support. Looking forward to getting to know you!
  • ICUwishing ....

Exercise is so important, IMHO, when it comes to exercising, just start with baby steps, start with walking, and increase as you go along...

Good luck and congrats on your weightloss so far...