Welcome, Featherweights!

You're on Page 14 of 38
Go to
  • trish and dottie
  • Hi guys! My name is Kelly, and I thought I had posted in here but I must have forgotten....

Anyways, I'm 18, and I'm about to start college. I move into the dorms on Wednesday, Sept. 10th. I'd like to lose about 15 lbs. I'm also here for motivation to avoid gaining that extra college pudge!
  • hi...i've been here for a week or so now...i think that it's so great to have this support. this is my first post in the featherweight forum though and it seems like a good place for me.

i've been really working on losing weight since june. i've lost 13 pounds so far (about a pound a week) but i'm hitting a solid plateau here at 156. i'm continuing on--actually the plateau has been pushing me to push myself even harder...but i'm getting frustrated. i know this is all part of the process...but it just seems like my goal is so far away, even though i'm making progress.

anyone have any advice on breaking through a plateau?

thanks so much in advance!
    ella
  • Hi Kelly and e32 and to Featherweights and 3FC...

e32 -- plateaus are a pain to say the least, my trick is to intensify my exercise by doing inclines on the treadmill or doing intervals ... Hope this helps...
  • e32, plateaus are totally annoying, but I find that if I push through them, even if the scales don't budge, one day I wake up to find myself 2-3 ell bee's lighter, and that seems to get things in motion again. It would be nicer all around if the scale just moved steadily but I doubt that happens for anyone.
  • thanks ilene and susan for the advice. i appreciate it. my problem now is that i think i might be pushing myself too hard. i've been exhausted and yesterday i got sick. it seems like my body is telling me to slow it down. but my obsessive commited brain is having a hard time responding to that. on sunday i passed out while i was running. i did go yesterday for a short time but was totally exhausted. i told myself i'm giving it a rest for today but it's hard to do.

what do you guys do when you're sick? feel free to give me all the "basic" advice again...i feel like i need to hear it.

thanks,
    ella
  • Hi, fellow featherweights! I am new to the site, & thought I'd pop in to say hello. My first big goal is 21 lbs. I plan on taking that in mini-goals of 2-5 lbs each...what would you recommend? I want to take this slowly, b/c I've been known to throw in the towel when I don't see results as quickly as I like -- I'm impatient!
  • Hi! With the existence of this forum, I no longer feel so alone! My friends and coworkers roll their eyes at me when they see me turn down a treat or talk about dieting, because they are almost all bigger girls than me and think I don't need to lose weight. They try to call me anorexic, but trust me, I'm not -- I love food and eat all the time, I am just bothered by the extra pounds I carry, even if it's fewer pounds than they have.

It's not my fault that so many people are borderline obese, and I shouldn't limit my self-improvement goals to a level unacceptable to me just because other people choose not to try for their best.

Skinny jeans, here I come, lol!
  • Hi suenami , aurelie , sweetums4 --
  • Hey all! I posted an intro in another sticky here, so I'll keep this one brief.

I am SO happy for this part of the website. No, us smaller folk don't always get much sympathy, lol. But do we really need it? Nah! We just need inspiration and motivation! We all have something to offer one another on this journey.

So anyway.. I am 5'0 and currently 118.5
    I would like to be around 110, give or take a couple pounds.
    My highest non-preg weight was around 135.

Nice to meet you all!
  • Hi everyone... I'm new to the web and new to this blog?

I have dieted my whole life and also have lost the same 30 pounds over and over and over!! Frustrating. I eat a very healthy diet - I just over eat - I exercise regularly (min 5 times a week at a gym plus numerous outdoor activities) but never seem to be able to take the weight off without pretty much starving myself. I have tried everything. I'm frustrated, somewhat depressed and extremely annoyed that I have to constantly watch what I eat just to maintain my 180 pound frame.. I figure I'm so active that I should be able to eat what I want. However, history has proven that statement/thought wrong. I should weigh around 145. I'm aiming for 155. I've decided to give it one more shot at portion control. I recently purchased the full bars (and am commenting about them on that blog) and am desperately hoping it works. In the meantime I'm trying to focus on 'healthy' not thin. I would be very interested in hearing (reading) what others have done to achieve weight loss. Thanks !
  • Hi All,

I'm so glad I found this site, just trying to draw upon as man sources of inspiration as I can to help me get through these last 5lbs and begin the challenging task of maintaining my healthy eating and regular exercise habits.
  • Wants to lose 50 or more
    Hi, I have about 50 or more pounds to lose. Is this the right group for me?
  • awesome thread!! I am in the process of losing weight. I have lost 6lbs already and have about 12-15 to go. My main issue is about toning. Does anyone have some good tips about battling cellulite?
  • Hi everyone,
    Im 27 and from Australia.
    I have 15 lbs to lose so im very appreciative of this thread.

looking forward to meeting you all.
    Sway