What can you do now???

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I can pretty much sprint up and down my stairs! I'm sure this has alot to do with quitting smoking, but fitness helps too!!!

I fit into the swings at the Carnival yesterday! I've been 'blessed' with hips, and usually I can't fit into things like that because of them....It was a tight fit, but not a squeeze! Touched the sides of the swing, but I didn't have to sit with one hip cocked up...hehe.

I walked about a mile and a half to the Carnival from the parking area instead of waiting on the shuttle to come get us, without breaking a sweat or breathing heavily!!! And then walked around all day long keeping up with the kids without having to stop for a rest!!!! Hubby even noticed that feat!

Go grocery shopping without feeling totally wiped out when I get home.

I'm sure there's more, but those are the things I've noticed most recently!

Haven't taken off a ton of weight (only 4 lbs) but I'm definately feeling better, so I can do more!!!! Heck, even cooking dinner used to wear me totally out!!!!!
  • One word: cartwheels.
  • I can swim a mile.

I can run 3 miles.

I can go to the gym for as long as I want.

I can keep up in dance class.

I can fit into a bar stool (to drink diet soda )

I can go to the movies and fit in any seat (I don't have to pay to go to the special cinema with the big seats - and free food )

I can walk with my dh for hours and hours (our record is 15 miles)

I can sleep on my tummy!

I can roll around in the bath like a seal.

I can slide in the gap between my friends desk and the pillar at work without having to waddle all the way around.

I can dance for hours with friends.

I can look in the mirror and be happy with what I've achieved so far.
  • I can swim swim for 30mins and not be out of breath.
    I can do more yoga postures.
    I can accept compliments and know they are true.
    I can wear a lot more of the clothes in my wardrobe :-)
    I can turn heads! (I work in a 80:20 male:female environment)...thats been the hardest one to get used to!

And my favourite one...
    I can motivate from within - I KNOW I can do this.
  • The best thing for me has been the increased sex drive, lol I am starting to appreciate my body more and I am able to keep up for a lot longer without out getting tired. The added flexibility helps too! Hehe
  • I can play with my kids without being tired
    I can do stairs and not get winded (same for fast walks)
    I can see my feet!!!
    I actually have to turn around in a big mirror to see my butt
    I feel better about myself being nekked in front of DH
    I can't wear my wedding ring, it keeps falling off.
    I eat less, I exercise more, I walk with my head high!
  • I've only lost ten pounds, but I can now wear my pants without getting a stomach ache.
    • I can wear 22s -- no, 20s -- no, 18s!
    • When I fold my hands, my fingers feel thinner.
    • I tie my lace-up shoes tighter.
    • I can cross my legs comfortably. Wow, sitting "like a lady", imagine that!
    • I can run for the bus!
    • I can look at my back in the mirror and not see "boobs" back there.
    • I can fold my arms and not have them rest on top of breast.
    • I no longer have trouble breathing.
    • I no longer have back pain when I wake up in the morning.
    • I can wrap a towel around my body after a shower and be completely covered!
    • I can say a gracious, "Why, thank you!" and mean it when someone compliments me.
    • I can pull my knees a lot closer to my chest than I could before.
    • Seatbelts - not an issue! Booths - not an issue!
    • I can wake up every day and know that I can do it, again, today, and for however long I need to do it.
    • I can experience a hunger pang and realize I won't faint. haha
    • I can say no to fast food, to sugar ... and I can say an enthusiastic yes to vegetables, smart grains, fruits, and tons of water.
    • My posture rocks!
    • I smile a lot more often.
    • I can feel bones in my whole upper body ... clavicle, ribs, shoulders, etc.
    • I looked at my upper body (wearing just a bra) in the mirror the other day and was pleasantly surprised to look like I'm approaching "normal" and no longer have the stuffed-sausage look.