No more LA Lites and on Gold - help!

• I am not eating the LA Lites anymore. I couldn't afford them and they soy upset my stomach. I am on the Gold Plan. Is there anything (a specific food group) that I am supposed to eat more of to compensate for not eating the lites? Thanks
  • what did the center recommend?
  • if you cut out the lites you are supposed to switch to the purple w/o the lites...which is higher ounces of protein, and 1 extra veggie a day...good luck, im struggling with the upset soy stomach too...its hard but i love the bars...
  • I Don't Go To A Center
  • LA LITES and Protein
    I saw on another board people were eating Luna Bars, I'm not sure if they are also Soy, but they are yummy. My LA problem involves protein sources. I'm not a huge meat eater, so I dabble in the vegetarian options on the red plan. My counselor told me I shouldn't mix soybeans and Boca burgers with chicken on the same day. Now is this absurd or what? I'm in the middle of week 2 and was down 8.5, gained 1.5 traveling and eating out and am about flush again, how stupid I feel bumming out over that damn scale! I figure if I get to 9 by the end of week 2 thats 4.5 average a week, I WANT IT TO GO AWAY!!!! Also, does anyone else feel that you know WAY more about nutrition than the people at these centers? My counselor had never heard of a Boca Burger.
  • Welcome to the world of LAWL, sweetie-you'll never get the same answer from 2 different centers

Now-there's no reason not to mix veg and nonveg proteins. i do it all the time. Just keep doing what you're doing . . . . Some of the counselors just pull this "info" out their a#s . . . .

The counselors went through a 2 week training course that mostly involved selling their products . . . .99% of the clients no more than they do about nutrition. Anyone who's been a career dieter (and most of us have been), have done all the research . . .

Don't get me wrong-some centers and counselors are great . . .just keep in mind their motivation (selling products).
  • Thanks Julie, and they did a great job of selling me....my credit card proves it, that sucker is still smokin'. But I look at it as my incentive to see it thru, and who can argue with Chocolate Crunch 2X a day! I love this site, its like a hundred sisters who don't care if you fell off plan or hit a plateau.
  • Oh-we care if you fall off-plan (we'll kick you in the butt if you need it) and commiserate with the plataeus . . . .
  • Quote: Oh-we care if you fall off-plan (we'll kick you in the butt if you need it) and commiserate with the plataeus . . . .
    '

AMEN GIRLFRIEND!!!
  • Quote: Welcome to the world of LAWL, sweetie-you'll never get the same answer from 2 different centers

hahaha I felt like we are in the LAWL TWIGHLIGHT ZONE!!! (music from the twighlight zone movie please maestro)

Julie:
    Agree with Aggie,I am not doing the bars anymore, my COD switch me from purple with lites to red with no lites, so if you are in gold with lites, I believe you have to switch to purple w/o lites. Hope that helps
  • My favorite COD moment came after I had been on the plan for about 7 weeks, averaging 2.5 - 3 pounds a week. The counselor/idiot looks at me and says, "Wow, what are you doing to lose this weight?" I was like, ummm, following the plan? DUH!
  • Christie:
    DUH!!!! HAHAHAHA!!