Late Night Eatting Help

• I am having a problem with eatting at night, it isn't because I am hungry it is just habit and it is a bad habit. Has anyone else had this problem and come up with a solution to avoid eatting at night.
  • What I do so that I dont snack at nite is put a picture on the fridge of what I want to look like...and I tell myself that if I eat something its just setting me back farther from my goal, Thats what seemes to work for me
  • I am a horrible binge eater at night. I mean horrible! In fact, tonight I have a stomach ache (not from eating, just getting a bug or something) and I decided "Hey, I'll eat something, maybe that'll make my stomach ache go away!" And of course, now I feel worse... and to add guilt on top of that
  • I have the same problem. I am usally able to just ignore it and drink some water. On those certain nights where I just cant handle it I make one of those 100 calorie bags of popcorn. It takes awhile to eat and isnt' too bad for you.
  • I get that a lot. I try distracting myself - doing something else with my hands - I play on the computer, cuddle my fella or I'm building a model car! You could also go out to the cinema and just make sure you walk past the sweets on the way in.

Failing that I let myself snack but something low cal - strawberries, raspberries and grapes - is my fav snack.
  • I try to plan my fourth meal for the evening- between 8-10 pm depending on how late I stay up. I usually have a lunch type meal- tuna stuffed into half a pita with some fruit or berries on the side. Most often that satisfies me, but some nights I have to really fight myself not to continue eating.

I just tell myself: you have reached your calorie limit for the day over and over again. The hardest word to learn is NO (just like kids).
  • I have three kids so the only time I can really sit down and enjoy and uninterrupted meal or snack is after they've gone to bed. I just save enough calories for that time. If I happen not to have enough calories to spare I'll have a cup of hot tea and keep myself busy (usually a jigsaw puzzle because it keeps my hands and my mind occupied) or I just go on to bed.