LAWL Losers and Friends May

You're on Page 105 of 108
Go to
  • That Amy's frozen dinner sounds yummy too - Might have to try that!!!
  • You all have been busy today!
    I am up up up in weight! YIKES! But, am just getting off TOM so I will lemon water it tonight and tomorrow. I have to get back into the swing of things-or change my avidator!
    I had a wonderful weekend-not on plan-but not CRAZY either-
    walked last night and wil again tonight.
    Plan to swim some this weekend!
    WELCOME all newbies!
    Are we going to do any challenges the month of June? I think I need to give myself a mini goal just to get myself moving!! These last 10 pounds are killing me! PLUS I will have to keep paying the center if I don't get it together!

POP Everyone! 3 more days of school!! YIPPEE!!!
  • Quote: I know someone else here had this situation...what do you think...do you think I have a legal leg to stand on the call LAWL headquarters to complain about my ccenter going to once a week/appt only visits when my cotnract stated otherwise? I am fed up with COD and the other woman here got a refund for this...what do you think? What would you say to the customer service people?
    My center went to weekly also, but when I asked what about the people who need to come 3x a week, they said they still could. I don't due to my job, but I have a friend that joined and that was the main reason she needed to come more. We haven't gone to appts yet though and sure hope we don't. Good luck and hopefully they will be able to help you.
  • Hi Everyone, sounds like we all had a tough time this weekend. But everyone sounds back on plan today, I am so far.
    I have to admit I have been weighing myself too many times a day lately. I think I am going to have to force myself back to once a day in the morning, because I am becomming too discouraged and I have not been doing well.
    For the past three or four weeks I have had my ticker at 161 but the lowest I have been since is 161.5. I work all week getting back down to that then after the weekend I am up at 163.5.
    I have a question for you ladies who put your plans on hold. I am out of weeks- for a while now, they have just been letting me float by. With the kids getting out of school next week, I am going to have a hard time getting to WI. Do you think they would just let me get these last 10 off on my own then let me come back for stabilization? There is no way I am going to buy more weeks or more bars.
    Lisa
  • Stacey, I'd be up for a June challenge - maybe set a goal for July 4th - 5 weeks away?

I was talking with DH and a friend who is doing a different weight loss program this weekend... He is struggling a bit, single father, works from home, etc... We challenged each other to TWO P-POP (perfectly- perfectly on plan) days a week. I've gotten in a comfort zone where I feel like I can sneak a bite of cake and not count it, or have a smidge extra peanut butter with my apples, extra FF cool whip with my strawberries.... you know. I need the same dedication I had when I first started. So, we are starting off with 2 days this week, 3 days next week, and so on....
  • Lori- that is a good idea, I find myself doing the same thing. When I am really strict I do so much better. I usually start off the beginning of the week that way and then by the end I am sneaking things left and right. It is time to re-focus again.
  • klvan- I have to say they have been real good about not making me pay for more weeks, I was out the end of Feb. and they said at the time they would give me a few more weeks to get moving again (I was stalled at a plateau, but doing everything right) I broke through the plateau and lost about 8 more pounds, but seem to have stalled again. I suspect any day they are going to say something again. Plus the fact that I am completely out of lites now and they keep asking me what I am going to do about that. I keep saying I have more left but they are going to catch on soon.
  • Hello all, well it's time for me to own up to my off plan weekends. I finally went to WI today knowing I would be up and sure enough I was up so I am going to move my ticker up to were it should be and then start over and work down.

Lori: I like your idea, I too get in a comfort zone and start sneaking things in.

I am currently prepearing for tomorrow, I am making the biscuits from the cookbook, I am going to take that with a little sausage patty for breakfast tomorrow. I am still working on lunch, if worse comes to worse I will eat a salad from the cafeteria with a baked potato.
  • Lori - that is a great idea - I will join you til the end of June. I was snarfing down some yummy bread and butter while I was reading your post - so I think I am sliding off a slippery slope as well.
    I did the hike again today - because it was such a lovely day - so I don't think the bread will do too much damage.

-S
  • Well, tonight was the 1st family WI. It seemed like it was a huge wake up call to everyone. A lot of them seemed really shocked at their weight, and seem to be pretty motivated. I put together a newsletter with dieting info, calorie counting, healthy snacks, and some inspirational stuff by Jillian Micheals. I am going to be writing a new newsletter every week, so I am sure I will be asking you guys a lot of questions. Have a great night all!!!
  • thanks for all the hair tricks...theres no purt plus or perll, but im gonna try the dish washing liquid...im nervous about over drying but i have a good deep conditioner so i will follow with regular shampoo and deep conditioner...thanks you guys...

repo~ ouch on the hook and finger fiasco...i have no problem with blood or seing internal organs...but show me a hook in a finger and i freak out...haha...im not good with superficial things...we had dermatology rounds as a prep for next year, and the things people are caring around, especially on their privates is really grusom! ladies...in the future...1 wart will turn into 4 and 4 into 8...so when you have one and prey it goes away and then u see 4, run to the nearest doctor...ppl really neglect themselves...theres no need to be ashamed!
    funny that you posted some info on the family weigh-in, i was about to ask whatever happened...its really cool what you are doing, and im happy the whole family is in on it! enjoy and keep us posted...

missy~ welcome to this crazy bunch! get ready to be wowed by some of the stuff we come up with! kirk, yawza! he's such a cutie!

rebeca~ hey ya girlie, how r you today...hope you got some fiber, and got a move on things!

to all the ladies who called me smartie pants and all that good stuff nothing tastes better than success!
  • Good Morning Everybody!

to all the newbies!

Aggie - congrats on your exam! Never doubt yourself. Always think positive and you can do it!
    I have my finals next week. The only one I'm not looking forward to is A&P. Science just doesn't stick with me ...

I would love a June challenge too. My scale has remained the same. Partly because of TOM, and partly because of some bad food choices (real ice cream instead of FF, extra PB, and cool whip. Once cookie here & there that won't hurt me, etc.) Started off this morning with a Slim Down. Ready to get some watermelon to go with it!

As I had posted earlier, my COD has gone to weekly WI as well. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. When I joined, I liked having the accountability of having to be somewhere 3x/week, but lately I haven't even been doing that anyways. We shall see ...

to all those who have WI today and Congratulations to all the WL losers!!
  • good morning all! Still having internet problems here so I read and post as i can. Went to WI yesterday and was down another 1.6 lbs! So I met the challenge my COD had for the holiday! Life here is busy! trying to adjust to a new FS and all that goes with that! I've never had children of my own so I've never had one this little before...so it's an adjustment for all! DFS#1 is doing better..he's still not overly happy but I think he has started to accept the situation. We should know more today or tomorrow how long we will have DFS#2....talk to ya'll later!
  • Katie--you should post your newsletter here--we could probably all use your motivation--especially right now!! If possible???? Your family is very fortunate to have their own personal WL counselor.
  • Alright girls--We're off to Arizona--it's finally cooled off here with some great rain and we are heading West to more heat--ugh. Can't wait to see all my old friends though. My kids "school" are all excited I am coming to see them graduate (so I hear). Not sure how much access or time I will have with the ol' computer but will probably sneak in a catch up time! I sure will miss you guys!!