WASA Bread

• Someone just recommended WASA bread to me; I got some and it is great! I got the multigrain; they also had rye and oat. It is thin and crunchy and each slice is 50 calories I think. REALLY good stuff! Just thought I'd share this in case others would like to try it.
  • Misti, I buy that, and I love it!! Some people say it's like eating cardboard, but if you really use your tastebuds, they're quite flavorful!
  • It is wonderful with peanut butter on it!!!!! I took it with my lunch to have something crunchy with my sauerkraut chicken casserole!
  • Quote: It is wonderful with peanut butter on it!!!!! I took it with my lunch to have something crunchy with my sauerkraut chicken casserole!
    Awwwwwwwww, there you are with that sauerkraut casserole again, lol.

I gotta try that.

Never heard of Wasa bread. What the heck is it and where do you get it?
  • Quote: Never heard of Wasa bread. What the heck is it and where do you get it?
    It is crunchy, kind of like Melba toast only bigger and better. I got it in my regular grocery store.
  • Mmmmm just had some WASA sourdough crispbread w/dill hummus.
    Sooooo incredibly good.
    Just thought I'd share.
  • Oh yeah! I like it with laughing cow light swiss spread on it.
  • I think the rye is only 25 points.
  • I like any rye cracker, but my favorite is Finn Crisps http://kuvapankki.vaasan.com/ib/en/0..._USA/index.jsp My school in Finland had them available at lunch every day, I've been hooked ever since. Great on their own or with cottage cheese or a little smear of margarine. Yum!
  • I'll have to look for it

Is it normally with the crackers, the bread or in the bakery/deli?
  • Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my store didn't have sourdough! Will have to look elsewhere; that sounds good. Linda, it is often with the rice cakes or in my store it was with the specialty crackers.
  • Quote: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my store didn't have sourdough! Will have to look elsewhere; that sounds good. Linda, it is often with the rice cakes or in my store it was with the specialty crackers.
    Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it
  • I love Wasa with melted swiss. Just a little. It's great that way. It really holds up in the micro and stays crispy. What a great treat.
  • I've seen it around a lot (I think at Whole Foods?) and I've tried it once before. I think this is a good time to try again!
  • Ohhhhh Libby, that sounds wonderful! LOL I almost bought some swiss cheese at the store a few minutes ago and now I wish I had!!! Next time!! Oh and top it with fresh tomatoes LOL