Supplements?

• I was clued in by some of you that I mostlikly have low potassuim. I have been taking a "stess" multivitamin but low and behold...very little potassium.

So what are ya'll taking??
  • I take:

A multi-vitamin

Calcium/magnesium/zinc

Iron (I have a problem with it)

Glucosamine

Flaxseed capsules

B Complex

and sometimes Chromium and/or CLA

I have taken potassium -- you have to get a good supplement though. I would recommend you go to a health food store and ask someone for assistance with it.
  • Fish such as salmon, cod, flounder, and sardines are good sources of potassium. Various other meats such as chicken and turkey along with almonds also contain potassium.

Vegetables including broccoli, tomatoes, and leafy green vegetables such as spinach, lettuce, and parsley contain potassium.

Over-the-counter potassium supplements provide 99 milligrams of potassium per tablet. It would require 35 tablets to meet the recommended daily allowance.

The most common symptom of potassium depletion is fatigue. Other symptoms of potassium deficiency include slow reflexes, muscle weakness, and EKG changes -- I would recommend you see your doctor before you start taking anything for it.
  • I take ....

a multi vit
    chromium pic
    vit d ....taking this made a huge difference for me this winter!
    Glucosamine (I had run out, and thankyou Susan for reminding me!)

I did find when I was getting the leg cramps, and "jumpy" legs at night, that the potassium/magnesium supplement helped alot.

Thats it....I used to take many many many in a day, but I was starting to have gagging issues with all the pills. So I cut way back.
  • A regular Multivitamin

Fiber
    Quote: I was clued in by some of you that I mostlikly have low potassuim. I have been taking a "stess" multivitamin but low and behold...very little potassium.

So what are ya'll taking??