Weekly Chat April 24-30

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Sandra - I'm so sorry things are going so rotten for you now. Hang in there and go to the ER if you have to. Strep is no fun.
  • Good Morning

Sandra~ feel better soon.....how long is it going to take to get your license and military id? Sure is a pain!

Ok, ever get on the scale after a week of hard workouts, a week of just eggs, meat and veggies and go holy crap?! Ive lost an additional 6.5lbs....thats 10.5lbs for the week Wouldnt it be nice if we could do that every week Well its time to ease up on the eggs, and add a few berries for this week. Its amazing tho, I could never do "just eggs" but eggs, meat and any none starchy veggie worked great!!

Lots to do today, so I better get moving.....have a great day ladies!
  • Hi Everybody, Well it is Friday and my daughter and grandchildren are going to come for a visit later this morning. Last week I ripped my toenail off my little toe on my right foot and have been nursing it ever since. I seem to be able to put pressure on it this morning so that is good. Sandra that is so awful to get your purse stolen. It happened to me a few weeks ago, they tossed my purse in the dumpster but of course took all my cash and check book. So I had to go cancel everything and change my bank account, what a pain in the other end. Good news though they did not take my drivers license:. It is supposed to get to 71 degrees today so that is wonderful. Well I am going to re read Dr Atkins Diet Revolution book to get reinspired to lose the rest of this weight. I'm in an emotional slump right now, and hope it will inspire me to try harder. Hope everyone has a great day, Judy
  • I didn't realize that this forum was going to get me back on track and provide the needed motivation.

Thanks Everyone.
  • Morning Ladies:

Sandra - feel better soon. Did you notify the base of the theft? I'm sure you did. Hope it all gets straighted out with minimal pain.

Robin - You have just kicked *** and taken names this week! Pardon my French, but that really is awesome!

It's chilly and wet here again in Denver, though yesterday was 77. So, the kids and I are lounging around today. Long, busy weekend ahead, so it's 'rest up' time.
    Have a nice Friday girls.. and keep up the good work.
  • Morning everyone!

How is everyone this icky, rainy/snowy, cold morning? It was raining when I got up. Then when I finished my workout, it had turned to snow. Now I think it's back to rain. I just want to go home and curl up under my covers with my nice warm kitties and take a nap.

So far, so good on day 2 of Atkins for the 45th time (just kidding about the number of times). I actually ate two salads yesterday. Eggs, bacon for breakfast, pork chops for lunch and shrimp dipped in butter with garlic salt for dinner. Had some chicken breast after dinner because I still wanted to eat.

Scale said 1 lb this morning. I want at least 5 by Monday.
  • Robin: Congrats on your losses this week. That is awesome!

Sandra: I hope that it isn't strep, but I do hope you start feeling better soon.
    When I'm sick I make a really simple soup. Easy on the throat as well as the Atkins.
    A can of chicken broth (low Sodium)
    bring it to a boil in a small pan.
    1 to 2 eggs (your choice) break into a cup and mix like for scrambled eggs.
    Drizzle the eggs into the boiling broth.
    Can add a little thyme or any seasoning blend for chicken.
    And you have low carb egg drop soup.

Hi, Tiffany and welcome to our group!

Falon and Susan, Sounds like some dreary weather there. We are expecting tons of rain, which we desperately need. Sould be pretty again for us by Sunday.

As for me my scale and I are arguing. I weighed less last night than this morning which is usually not the case. Holding water for some odd reason. Hate it when that happens. Hopefully it will leave soon. Anyway for the past 2 weeks I'm neither down nor up.... Hoping to see down soon.
  • I like Falon - she has a 'potty mouth' like me! lol

Have a great weekend all - Hope your weather will be delish like ours! It's going to be sunny, in the 80s, AND my boys' high school team will be playing baseball tomorrow in a rare Saturday game (playoffs from the rained out Easter Week Tourney)! So I will be enjoying it, you can bet! (...and trying not to think about court date on Monday...)

Kel
  • Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I am now 2 days post-op from my surgery and am doing great. Yesterday was bad, nausea all day, but much better now. I am home and even feel well enough to be on CPU. Easing back into eating very slowly. Plan to stay on program, but not exercise until I feel quite a bit better. I was able to have the laparoscopic hernia repairs, now have 10 small holes from the scope. The surgeon said that I had a lot of adhesions from my previous surgery last April, and that taking care of these should help considerably with my decreased motility problem. Thanks and Good Luck to everyone.
  • Good Morning

Lilly~ Im glad your home and up and around. I was thinking about you yesterday, and wondered how everything went.

Nothing new to report....dh and I plan to have a nice weekend. Probably some yard work and a trip to the garden center.

Lacey Happy moving day!!
  • Lily - glad you are home and recovering.
  • Sorry guys I have not read all above I just skimmed so good luck to those who need it

Candy good luck to your son prayers are with you,

Lillybell I guess I missed what kind of surgery you are having and I knew you were an RN but it is good to see one as long as I have been 23 years.

I have had a roller coaster of a last few weeks.
    1. House is comming but slowly I will go out and take some pictures so I can post them it is a beautiful plum!! Never thought how wonderful it would look but WOW!!!

2. OT still did not get any resolution with not getting paid OT but the higer up that I complained to tlked to my administrator and she blamed some one else. NOT good now I know who I can not talk to. I am not sure who I can trust to complain over the way we are treated here. Like cattle with no choice and no opinion. no voice to be heard we are dictated to and not lestened to for our opinion.

3> DH is on vacation again, hope he will be gone for the TOY party one of my friends are having at my house on wednesday. But he is making a storm door. we dumped the old metal one and bought a cheap wood one and are adding to it to make it a fanch door I will post that one too. once we get some stuff done to it. to make it look more victorian . add corner scroll work (not to much as DH is tring to do it all himself!

Well I have to clean the house for this weeks party. COFFEE!!!!!
  • Hey guys. Well yesterday when I got home I decided that this was just for the birds, so I went to the ER and I do have strep throat and I am on quarentine for 2 days which is good cause I will be able to return to work on Monday without missing any days. The doc gave me some meds and I am feeling way better than I was. So hopefully I can return to the gym on Monday also cause I miss it soooooooo bad. I am sure that I have gained back all the weight I lost and I will be re-starting strict induction on Monday. Well as far as my IDs go, it is just a waiting game. I was able to renew my license, but I only have a paper copy and the real one comes in the mail in like 2 weeks or so, then I can start from there as far as the rest of the ids go.

Lily: I am glad that everything went well and hope for a safe and speedy recovery.

Lacey: Hope you have a good time moving.

Ok ladies well I am gonna go lay back down and hope that I feel better.
  • Lily: glad to hear everythign went well and you are home.
    Sue; Hope things improve soon at work. What is this "party" about?
    Sandra: Glad you went ahead and went in and are on the road to recovery.

The scales are pleasantly down today.
  • I decided that I am going to get me some ketostix. I think it will be good motivation for me.