Weekly Chat April 24-30

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Good Morning <~~~dh brought me coffee in bed this morning (cuz he was trying to get me out of it )

Lillybelle~ You'll do great! How do you think the other nurses will do with you as a patient?? My dad has had several of these operations (3 or 4 I think) and he came back like a trouper for the last 2. So much has changed, as Im sure you know. Lots of thoughts and prayers for you, and a speedy recovery!

Sandra~ you are doing awesome!!! Dontcha just love when you can actually see spots getting smaller?!

Falon~

Jackie~ good luck with the "just eggs" I sure couldnt do it. For the last 3 days Ive been eating strictly ...eggs, once a day veggies, and meat (any kind) it took off 4lbs over the weekend. Im sure you will see the woosh fairy soon if you keep it up.

I think I worked out a little too hard yesterday. I ended up not sleeping well from all the sore muscles. I think I need to remember to take a motrin before bedtime. My gf did not want to go to the gym yesterday, and said if I hadnt called her, she was going to skip it. But I called, and told her it was just cardio and legs so it will be a fast workout. Well!!! when we got there and we started the blood flowing, she did a complete turn around!! So, the 50 min of cardio, leg workout...which was much more intense than normal, and the 35 min walk yesterday morning, really did me in. Everything is sore this morning. I think Im going to follow in Sandra's footsteps, and look into a pilates or core training type class at the gym. Ive got some nice strong legs, but the middle stuff is soggy and Im seriously feeling it today.

The plan today, get some practise drawing done, tidy up the joint, and then to the gym this afternoon.

Have a great day ladies!
  • tomorrow is weight day. I don't have scales at my house because I tend to obsess and can't stay offf of them.
    I always panic and feel like the scales are going to say something negative. Oh well....
    I am having a blue day...tired the weather is yuck and totally off topic but all the energy hikes are KILLING US!! We are really choking out here in West Texas where the summers are HOT and DRY!!
  • Tenn: I am SO HAPPY for you!!

Robin: that is super that you have a gym buddy, sounds like y'all had quite the workout!!

ciarra: so sorry to hear about the poison ivy. YUCK!!

candy: I pray everything goes well for you and your family from here on out. How scary

Jackie: *hugs*

Sandra: you are doing awesome, girl!! Did you ever dream that you'd like exercising so much?!?

Falon: how are you liking the berries?? If I could afford them I'd have them for breakfast every day Good luck with the transition, it's exciting to add new things

lilly: I hope everything goes smoothly. It does seem super scary as a nurse going in because you know everything they are doing. You'll do great!!

tammy: I live in OK and hear ya on the bills!! And how about those gas prices!! We'll all be losing more weight this summer as we walk much more instead of relying on vehicles I'm thinking of getting a bike

The owners said they'd be out by this Saturday and that we could start moving in.
    On the 1st, my phone and internet will be shut off here and I'm not sure when I'll get it back on at the new house. Since I'll be busy packing the rest of this week I just wanted to give y'all a heads up on what's going on and let you know that you guys are some of my best friends and I'm gonna miss y'all like crazy until I can get online again!!! *sniff sniff*

hopefully when I get back on, I'll have reached my hot mama goal. Good luck everyone!!!!

Lace
  • wow Lace, everything is moving fast isnt it!!! Enjoy your move!! Im so happy for you!
  • Lacey:
    The moving sounds like it is moving along so quickly. Congradulations and we will miss you. I know you'll reach that goal. Think of all the execise you'll be getting in with the moving.
    Today we got a cool front and the air is pleasant so went outside for a short walk. trying not to get too hot and the posion ivy spread. I hate that I get it so easily. This morning my scale had dropped back down to 186.6 so at least I am back down to my low weight. I keep debating doing eggs but I haven't got to that point yet.
    My son has a pretty nasty cold with our ever changing weather. I hate it when he is sick. I feel there is so little I can do to make him feel better. He isn't a complainer thankfully, I just feel badly for him.
    And I hear ya about the electic bills and the raising gas prices. It is just crazy. We really try to get what we need while we are already out and not make needless trips.
  • Hi girls, looks like the Woosh Fairy is making the rounds, she's been real good to me, and I'm ready to send her on.

Lacey, congrats on getting the green light to move into the house, how exciting! I know it's a lot of work, but it'll be so great to have everything fresh and clean and new when you're done. For me, moving always included pizza, burgers, chips, soda, chocolate, and the occational Chinese takeout. Have you got a food plan for the weekend?

Tammy, I'm sure it'll be great news

Hi Robin *wave*
  • Lacey - have burgers and throw away the bun. Have pizza and peel off the toppings and toss the crust. Have Chinese and order something like crispy duck. Have KFC and toss the skin. You'll do fine and we'll miss you while you are gone. Moving is SUCH fun (can you see the sarcasm hanging in the air?)

I woke up to SNOW this morning -- I hate snow! Falon - what did you get? We only got a couple of inches and I didn't have any trouble driving in, but a lot of people did. I had to burn the fireplace last night -- it was cold. I went to bed in sweats, a sweatshirt, and heavy socks -- John said "you're going to bed in that?"

Maybe the mooch will decide our house is too cold and go somewhere else! I keep it down around 63 at night and he's in the basement.
  • Susan - thats one way to get rid of your "mooch"

Lacey: we'll miss you. But I am soooooo excited for you. Update us when you can.

Sandra: YOU are doing so good. I love watching your ticker go down. I know what you mean about some parts looking smaller. Unfortunately for me it is my upper half....but I guess the lower part has to catch up sooner or later.

ing to everyone else. Keep on keepin on.

Nothing too much new in my world. So I was gonna do the egg fast for 2 days. Well, a word of advice if your gonna do that....have enough eggs in the house. I ran out of eggs yesterday half way thru my eating day. AND TOM arrived. SO I only did the egg fast for about 12 hours. But then I have been trying to cut down on the amount of food I'm eating. I'll try the eggs again after TOM leaves and I get about 2 dozen eggs or more in my house.

Talk to you all later.
  • Lacey: I enjoyed some frozen strawberries in my vanilla shake this morning, but it was so darn cold in my house.. it was hard to swallow! We already turned off the furnace, and we had a cold front move in. Enjoy moving into the new place, and I hope we see pics when all is said and done.

Susan: We got a dusting, but Andy said it was a little more in Denver, so.. yeah.. one of those funny things to wake up to. Tomorrows suposed to be 70. At least that's what those high paid fortune tellers say on CBS 4 News. *sigh*

Tammy: That's why I was happy to move away from Texas (Corpus Christi) I can't take the humidity. The only way i'd deal with it is if I moved to New England somewhere. Otherwise, i'll settle for Colorado. Happily!

All the wooshin' is making me jealous ya'll!! I want her to come visit when TOM leaves.. <grins>

Congrats to all the moving scales. Gotta get dinner on..
  • It sure is amazing how quickly the weight flies off. Have a great day too!

This is my 5th day with induction, I had a set back on the 3rd day but lo and behold 5 lbs down this morning !!

I think I'm loving Atkins.
  • Good Morning

Dante'smomma~ Dontcha just love it!?!?!!! Great job on the 5lbs!!

I wanted to get on the scale this morning.....very badly!! But I quickly drank some water, and got my coffee ready so I wouldnt be swayed to get on the things we do eh?!? So Im good now til tomorrow morning!

Ive gotten back into the habit of getting supper ready for about 630....I find it really helps with the night munchie monster. By the time Im done, and the dishes are all done its after 7....time for relaxing tea by then.

Im so happy Im back in my old routine....Im feeling so much better, my head is in a good place. When Im eating sugar, Im like a junkie....I literally plan out where Im going to get it, how Im going to eat it without dh finding out, where am I going to stash the extra....Im in a good place now

Today will be my first "Ball w/Abs" class. I talked my gf into coming with me after we finish our workout. She was really scared about it...scared about falling off the ball But they have balls to do your workout on without the class. So she got on, and turned out she loved it!! This afternoon will be a full afternoon of workouts

Im off to get my morning work done.......have a great day ladies!
  • Robin, I'm so glad that things are back in order with you now. It seems like it's so hard to get back in step when you fall out sometimes. I know you'll be unstoppable now that you have your balance back

dante'sMama, isn't it just amazing? I couldn't believe that I had bacon and eggs for breakfast every day and lost weight! Enjoy these first two weeks when the losses are so huge

Snow??? Y'all are still getting cold, icky, nasty SNOW??? Ewwwwww! We're well into Spring here in the South. It's currently gloomy and raining, but the temp is ok.

Quote:
    Sandra: YOU are doing so good. I love watching your ticker go down
    Yeah, what Jackie said! it's very inspiring

Jackie, do you really feel like you need to do an egg fast? Are you stalled? Have you tried upping the water and stuff first?

I'm at work and gotta run. I hope everyone is having a great week!

Tenn
  • As I reported we weighed today...I lost a pound...whoopie. I think I am just going to do induction again in a week or two..right now is not a good time, lots of going and doing this week and heading into next week.
    Actually we weighed earlier in the week this time and I haven't walked this week so 1lb is really reasonable...I just remember it being faster last time...

We (DH & I) have bought a scale for the house. That is why I haven't changed the ticker below...it of course is different than the one at work so I will have to do some adjustment.

PS DH is a meat and potatoes man...lots of starch for this man. HE ATE YOGURT!! with my son last night! He is loosing too and enjoys showing me his fat pants fall down all by themselves as soon as the belt is removed hahaha!
  • I'm so behind in the loop here it's not even funny! I don't think I could catch up right now even if I tried. I'll say "wave" to all the usuals and the new people here. DH goes back to work "full-time" (no more vacation) next week so I'll be back at getting things to normal then. Right now I'm trying to keep my head above water. I'm confused as I stepped on the scale and it didn't show a GAIN (despite my eating and no water). I feel major bloated though so not listening to the scale!! I figure it'll just do it's jump up when I actually think about believing it.
    Keep up the great work everyone!!!
  • Lillybelle... Didn't get to get on here yesterday to say good luck. My prayers are with you. I hope everything goes well today. Get back to us soon.

Lacey... Glad to hear you will be moving to your new house soon.. You will be missed Get back as soon as you can..Like us all, low carb is inbeded deep in our heads. You'll do great!!

Hey Tenn...The woosh fairy is wonderful isn't she!! . on your loss..Were getting lots of rain here in Alabama too. Are you getting storms today too? We must not live to far apart.

Susan...SNOW..... I bet you will be glad warmer weathers stays around.

Dante's moma...Congrats on the 5 lb loss. Keep up the good work..

Robin...I really hate that Munchie Monster too. I can fell it comeing for me too since i had to break induction..

Tammy..1 lb, That's still GREAT!! Congrats to you and your hubby...I also got new scales. Takes a while to get used to the change.."I don't know which one to believe"

Lady abnerb... Thats great..No Gain. You'll be back on track in no time..

Everything here is going as good as it can right now..My son matthew has got more tests to go through..EEG, MRI, MRA,and Ateriogram. All to be done next week. That way they can have all the details before surgery. They will have to cut a horseshoe size hole in his scull. They are going to try to wait till school is out to do the surgery. We will know more after all these other tests. We feel like we are on pins and needles around here.They said if he even thinks he's getting a headache, get him to the ER. If this thing starts leaking it could be stroke or even fatal. We are so scared. Sometimes i think surgery could'nt get here fast enough, but that scares me too. Thanks so much and.....for all the prayers. You all are so kind.
    Candy