"Every-Day" 21-Day Challenge -- Here's to new habits!

You're on Page 8 of 29
Go to
  • Hello everyone. I'm still trying to get through this tough time. Story is NOT done, not even started! But the entire page is laid out and I will, I will, get this done. I hope. I have to. Day 4 is done on the challenge. Today is Day 5. I must try to keep my head about me. You all hang in there. I will try to too.

• day 3

water- good
    carbs=39
    calories= 1089
    exercise= 45 min circuit training
  • Hey everyone...Things are moving and a shakin here...Never a dull moment...Work has been stressfull, my boss is being a real booger...But somehow I hae managed to keep tues night - friday night under controll and doing great on my challege. Wed I started over on day 1 so today is day 3 and I have had my water, excerise and calories in check. Nice feeling...somehow i have not had the cravings to cheat since tues so I hope this will last. I will weigh Monday to mark my weekly loss.

RED...hang in there...I am proud of you for your determination and face to face battle with this project you are on...You will succeed. I have comments for everyone else but my nephew just arrived. He is staying with me tonight so more to come later. Stay postive everyone and look to us for support when you are discourages. We are here for you.
  • i've lost 2 lb so i am trying to be sensible and not put it straight back on (which is what i usually do). i see the weight loss and think oh i can relax and then ooops that wasn't a good idea LOL

my headache is back but i will book in again for bowen. it cleared it temporarily so i think if i go back it may just get it right long term. it's great i can just walk there. it's about 0.5km so it's easy peasy. no mucking around getting the car out of the gate or parking. i love being able to walk places. something i will keep in mind when choosing the next place

i have 2 places locally to go look at and then next week or the week after i will go down to auckland and look there as well. i need more money to buy in auckland but it has more to offer so it will be worth it if i find the right place.

i have dancing scheduled today. i will put on music and dance in the lounge i am also going out for a drink tonight to celebrate the house sale

~~~~~~~
    red - well done on your challenges. the story will happen!
    hope your horse had a great birthday, extra carrots???
    ~~~~~~~~
    djs - thanks for your support. i have been on several different pills ummm at least 8 types, but that's ok. i;m getting there. i now know 8 pills that don't work LOL
  • Day 6

I´ve lost 1 lb. since Day 1! Yay!

I´m still doing alright. I´ve made better food choices the last two days and I´m sticking to my rules...so far.

I´m going to go out for a long walk with my daughter this morning, I think, and that´ll cover my activity for the day.

I´m also going to make a veggie frittata, and I´ll put in more egg whites as a substitute for less egg yolk.......(see if my husband notices the difference....)

Otherwise, water is going good....and freezing is going good. I made green beans with lamb and tomato over rice last night and the left-overs are nicely packed away in the freezer......kind of nice to know that in a pinch, I have something to feed guests, hehe.

I hope that everybody is doing a great job!

--Katherine
  • Good morning all. Well, the Restart Demon struck again. (See, I am no longer claiming a crown. That is NOT what I want to be the queen of). I am going to restart tomorrow, as I have friends coming over today. We are going out, and I will make healthy choices, but I will have no way of knowing exact calories. So, start tomorrow.

I was feeling pretty frustrated about the whole thing. And ill from what I ate. But I was able to do some serious journaling, which helped me get to the bottom of things. So, here's to better days.

I read a great quote in one of my magazines - "Chocolate isn't fattening. Self criticism is." I liked that.

Here's to better days for all of us.
  • Just a note to say, the story is done!!! Hurrah! Pause on challenge though. I wasn't keeping track and though I may not have been way over I don't want to clear it. Ok, it's late here and I have to be up in a few hours to take the train down to Kyoto for a big race.... Ciao a presto!
  • Congrats, Red, great to hear you got the story done.
    And I wouldn't worry about the pause day. What's important is to be able to prioritise right, and I think that this is what you did. Way to go and good luck. :

I'm on Day 8 of my eating plan challenge, and on Day 7 of my exercise challenge, with the exercise being a wrap already. I woke up early, got up at 7:30 am (on a Sunday!) and went for a run.

Cheers to everyone, must run!
  • hi everyone
    journaling is going well and i am on day 7. binge free is much much trickier! i am tempted today and having to use a lot of self control

i saw a house today that i like but an offer is going in today or tmrw so if i am interested i have to act quickly. i'm finding that stressful as i am having difficulty deciding where i want to live. whether to stay in this town or move back to auckland.

i had mcd for lunch and i am feeling off balance and off target. i will have to try to get back on track with a healthy dinner.

red - glad your story is finished. what sort of race are you going to?

sushi and katherine - well done on your goals

jolly - good luck with the restart
  • Okay. I'm starting a new challenge. Squats. I know I've lost some weight. I can see it, around my belly for example. But my thighs seem to prove the opposite. Squats. Squats. Squats. More squats.
    I should be able to start tonight, and if not, then tomorrow morning.
  • Jolly: we may be tied for the restart crown...

Way to go Red!!!!

How is everyone doing this weekend???

yesterday was day 4 for me....

everything went well, water, carbs,calories.... went trail walking for @ 3 hours so burned up a bunch of calories...
  • Day 5 (I think) done...
    Hello all. Thanks for the congrats. I'm just in from the race (horses, sweet pea) and another story done. It was a great race and the trip to and from Kyoto didn't even seem that long, though it's over 3 hours traveling each way. Must get to bed. I'd say I can clear today because I didn't eat much at all and got a lot of walking in at the track, even went back to the stables before and after the race. Got to nuzzle the muzzle of the champion.... and that's not just any champion, that's Japan's triple crown winner last year. What a sweetheart. Ok, gals, into bed it is for me. Cats are happy now that they've some chow in 'em... Hope I can get a little rest before gearing up for the next onslaught...
  • She's Baaaaccck

Hi all,
    Thought I would just drop in quickly to say that I will be back doing the crunches challenge for the next 21 days. Starting tomorrow as today is taken up with travelling. I may not be back to report frequently as am off to Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory and they have only satellite communications. Can't use my phone, but will have the computer at work although it seems they will be working me from dawn to dusk. Communication may be sporadic for the next week.

Saturday 7th, I'll be back in Brisbane and then fly to Wollongong on Monday or Tuesday. Not sure of the final travel yet.

Anyway, it is good to be back. Can't say I am overly motivated, however I have not been exercising since moving to the hills of the 'Gong and I REALLY NEED TO GET BACK TO IT> The scales are not kind.

Gotta go. Hello to all.
  • Hey everyone.

Not much to report here. Sushi, I may have to join you on the squat challenge (hmm, somehow that sounds funny). After trying all sorts of things, we just can't get a Western saddle that fits my boy. So, back to hunt we go. I need to build thigh strength for posting, and improve my core strength for balance. And still get him ready to play with others and show this year What am I doing!!!!

Anyway. congrats to everyone. I will try to get back posting better. Have a good evening.
  • hi all

i've done 7 days journalling - all good! the bingeing has been kept at bay but i am still having trouble with food choices

i bought a house today and now i am excited and want to eat eat eat!!!

red - were you the jocker, owner, trainer??? or spectator...
    good luck to everyone else on their challenges