Just Joined! Wanting to lose 100 pounds and gain my life back!

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Hi All!

I have been lurking here for a few days now, I got the link off of another message board that I frequent.

I am 23 years old and married to the love of my life! Although I often tell the story of our relationship based upon my weight. When we began dating I weighed 110 pounds and was 14 years old. When we broke up I was 17 years old and weight 160 pounds. When we got back together I was 19 and 180 pounds. We got married when I was 21 and weight 210 pounds, and he lost his job and we moved back to our hometown when I weighed 230 pounds. He found a new, much better job when I was at 245.

Now, he's traveling a lot of the time due to work, and he lost 75 pounds just based on being happier and eating less emotionally. (Of course he also started exercising with "the guys" from work )

I've decided that I'm sick of watching the numbers go up, and I know that if it keeps going I will definately eat myself into an early grave. My ultimate goal is to lose 100 pounds, but I'm going to do it in 10 pound incriments.

I got on the scale this morning, and realized I'd already lost 6 pounds from my highest weight 2 months ago when I weighed. So I can't even imagine what will happen when I'm consciously trying to be healthier!

Now that I've told my life story I hope to find someone out here who can relate to me in my journey!
  • Hello and welcome! Glad to have you on the wagon with us LOL. Congratulations on getting off to such a great start in losing the 6 pounds!!
  • Thank you for the welcome
  • Welcome!

You've come to a great place for advice & support!

Congratulations on the 6 lbs gone!! You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you,

Kim
  • Hello there... i also would like to lose 100lbs.... i have been with my man for 5 years and my waist line keeps expanding .... i have gain appox 80lbs since meeting him and i dont want to see the number get any higher.... i am coming back after a year of just being lazy....so welcome... this is a cool site...lots of ingo and support ...welcome

michelle
  • I can't believe how long I went without finding this site! I can't help but wonder if I'd found such a wonderful and supportive group of people several years ago if I could have stopped this problem before it got so bad!

Ok, enough of the "What Might have beens"
  • hey...yet, another new one...I have left a few messages under a couple of groups and eager and frustrated to get started. I have 80-100 to looose and sick...Any tips for getting going...I am battleing fatigue and not sleeping to help it any...I also have pcos and ir. please advise
  • Welcome to both new comers. Glad to have you join us. My advice would be to start with drinking a lot of water instead of Soda or sweetened drinks. Walking helps greatly and can be done by most anyone. Pick a plan that suits you best. Something you can live with. I , personally, am on Atkins. There is support here no matter which plan you choose. These boards are very informative and can be a lot of fun. We're all here because we have weight issues and everyone is very nice. Congrat's on taking the first step to improve the quality of your life.
  • Your phots are very encouraging. Thank you for your support. I am so frustrated and tired of starting yet again...I wonder if I will ever get to say I finished...But I am here and not giving up that is only thing I can say right now. thanks again.
  • Welcome to the newbies! Glad to have you here.

Princess, no, we will never get to say we have finished... when we get to our goal we will still need to work hard at maintaining. But it is a worthy goal to get there first to that point... hang in there!! You can do it.
  • Wow, thanks... I did not look at it that way and that actully helps. Maybe now I can focus on doing rather than here I am doing againg. Thanks
  • Hi Princess I'm glad to know there are others starting out, just like me!!

You ladies are all so encouraging! I love looking at your little countdown numbers and thinking that someday mine will show such amazing differences!!
  • Hi Mta.. yah it is neat to see your ticker start to move over to the right. I like to make mini goals for my weight one for each ten pounds and redecorate the ticker at each ten pounds. I'm really close to getting to do that too... hopefully in the next few days or maybe even tomorrow!!
  • Misti, do you weigh every day? I'm not sure how often I should weigh myself... part of me thinks daily, and part of me thinks weekly!
  • I weigh every weekday. The scale is at work so I skip it on weekends. I tried the weekly thing but it drove me nuts... I want to KNOW LOL