Memorial Day Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Hi everyone! Memorial Day (May 29th) is one of the next big holidays but I haven't seen any threads for any challenges. Did I miss something? If there is one, I apologize, I'll delete this thread, and would someone be nice enough to point me towards that thread? My goal is to lose 21 lbs in the seven weeks leading to Memorial Day. If not, would anyone be interested in a Memorial Day Challenge with me?
  • I'd like to join. I'd like to lose 20 pounds by Memorial day (204lbs), though I don't think it's very realistic for me to lose that much in 6 weeks. I seem to be losing only 1.5 pounds a week now even though I am doing very well on my diet and exercise. I'm eating healthy foods, 1200-1500 calories a day, exercising for 60 minutes 6 times a week doing both cardio and strength training, and drinking my water. If anyone has any ideas how I might speed up the process, please let me know.

EDIT! My body is sooo making up for lost time this week!
  • I'll join you guys too. I'm planning a little getaway that weekend with the bf and I want to fit into this dress I wore when we first met. I think 20 pounds would be awesome to lose by Memorial day. I'm just doing portion control and working out. When I really count calories or "diet" I never stick to it so I'd rather just eat less and workout like crazy!!!

Shari-great job on your loss so far.....you'll hit that 21 lb loss in no time girlie!

Sprszd Chicky-me and you are exacty the same. I'm 5'6", 224lbs. it would be good to have someone who is in the same boat as me so we can help each other out.

come on ladies, if we stick with it....we can do this!!!!
  • Sure Rosario, that'd be great. If you don't mind me asking, what size are you? I've seen here how people can be the same height and weight but dramatically different sizes.
  • Hello ladies ..I would like to join in your challenge...I am couting caloires and I try to go to the gym 5-6 days a week which I do 30-60 mins of cardio and about 60-90 mins of weights...My goal is to lose 10lbs..I think i can reach it by then..

good luck everyone...we can do this
  • If you don't mind, I would love to join as well. I would like to lose 12 lbs by then. I had been in a plateau in March, but I got sick and have lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks. I don't know if it's because I've uped my calories and changed my exercise or because of being sick. All I can do is keep trying and being in a challenge would be a great way for me to stay on course.
  • Hi! I'd like to join too. My goal is to lose about 10 pounds by then, which will be 3 days after my birthday! I don't know if that's unreasonable or not...but I'll give it a shot. I'll make a ticker for it too. Here's my stats:

20, 5'2", 147 lbs., about a size 10-12

overall GW: 120 (unless I decide differently once I get there)
  • Welcome All.

Ok, yes, 20 would be nice, but I think I'd be happy with 10 and ecstatic with anything over 15.
  • I would like to join also. I just recently got out of a plateau also and need to start losing again. I would like to lose 15 lbs by Memorial Day. I hope that's realistic or maybe it's wishful thinking but I'm going to give it my best effort.
  • looks we got ourselves a little thread going on here. lol

welcome to everyone.

supersized chicky-i really don't know...i'd have to say, maybe 24. all my pants and skirts right now are elastic and stretchy so I don't really know what size I am in, say, jeans. but a 22 is a tight fit. The dress I want to fit into is a size 18. Plus there is a skirt too that is a size 18 that I want to fit into. hope i get into them for memorial day
  • Butterfly-i'm sure you can definitely pull off 15 lbs. good luck to ya!!!!
  • *screams* I am SO happy you all joined me! I'm gonna take down names and started tracking weight for everyone! *MWAH*
  • Could I join too? 12 pounds for me by Memorial Day. We can do it!
  • Wow R, we really are about the same then. I just fit into my 20's and can and still do wear my 22's and 24's because I refuse to buy new clothes until they fall off.
  • Hey ladies, I'd love to join ya for this challenge.

I'm currently doing WW and would like to lose 8 lbs by Memorial Day. This may sound like a small goal, but I set a big 15 lb goal for Easter, and I fell short of it. I want to set a realistic, attainable goal that I can feel good about. I am sort of slowing down in the weight loss department and need to shake things up a bit. I've been losing anywhere from .8 (not quite 1 lb) a week to 2 lbs (on a very good week!) It varies so much it's frustrating! I'm not saying I'm unhappy with my progress for my Easter challenge, it's just that I know myself and I feel like I'm on the edge of either doing something really great for myself or just giving up....I'm hoping it's the former and not the latter. I need a challenge.

Right now my size 16 jeans are baggy and I have just gotten into some 14's that I had stashed away. I was a size 20 at my highest weight and have just gotten rid of those jeans. Too bad we can't start a consignment/swap thing around here--I'm sure a lot of us have great quality clothes that we can't fit anymore since we're on our way to svelte

Oh yeah, and I'm long-winded too, but I guess you guys could tell that